Swaying Preparation II

Your POV

"This night is going to be awesome!" Etsuki yelled from excitement. "Come on guys, let's get a move on!"

I cover my ears due to how loud Etsuki kept screaming, but Perseus eventually managed to calm her down.

"Alright, all set." Wintria said the closet door. "You coming, (Y/N)?"

"You guys can go on ahead, I'll catch up." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "I just need to..."

My eyes scanned the room, looking for a valid sounding excuse to stay behind. My eyes locked onto the bathroom door.

"I just need to, use the bathroom... Yeah, that's it..." I tried my best to keep calm, but failing miserably.

Wintria glared at me for a good five seconds, before smiling.

"Alright, we'll see you there!" she said slamming the door closed, causing me to flinch.

"I thought they'd never lea-" I was cut off by the sound of someone knocking.

I took a deep breath and reluctantly dragged myself towards the door. I reached for the doorknob, slowly opening it.

"Look guys, I promise that I'll head there soo-" I was surprised at who I saw standing right in front of me.

"Ruby?"

"H-Hey, (N/N)..." she nervously laughed. "Mind if I come in?"

"N-No, not at all." I moved aside, allowing her to enter the room.

The room fell silent, and I decided to break the tension.

"I thought I'd be picking you up?" I rubbed the nape of your neck. "What made you decide to come over?"

"I got lonely," she said taking a seat on your bed. "Everyone already left for the dance."

"Yeah..." I sat down next to her. "My team left as well."

"I actually saw them on the way here," she flopped onto her back. "Wondered why I wasn't dressed yet."

Ruby plopped right back up.

"Speaking of dressed, how come you're not changed yet?"she asked.

"I can ask you the same thing..." I squinted my eyes, sweat dropping.

"It's just..." she rubbed her arm. "I..."

"It's alright if you don't want to tell me." I hugged her.

Ruby broke the hug and took a deep breath.

"IDON'TDOWELLINSOCIALGATHERINGS." she said faster than Professor Oobleck has ever talked.

I gave out a sigh of relief before plopping down onto the bed laughing.

"Not funny, (Y/N)!" Ruby pouted.

I managed to recompose myself and wiped off the tear in my eye.

"You have no idea Rubes." I exhaled deeply.

Ruby just looked at me confused.

"The reason why I'm still here," I put my hands behind my head. "I don't do good in social gatherings either."

"But you seem fine when talking with other people?" she laid down next to me. "I actually envy you, I managed to mess up my first day here."

"What happened?" I asked curiously.

"Let's just say that my year started off with a bang." she laughed nervously.

"My first day in Haven wasn't any better either." I sighed.