Chubs and Vida

Well apart from being crushed by the feels from The Darkest Legacy and rethinking my entire life, I'm doing just great! I'm sorry this took so long, but I've been traveling and it took a surprisingly long time to think of what situation Chubs and Vida could be put in and not murder each other, someone or just death and as I mentioned before, ALEXANDRA BRACKEN COMPLETELY RUINED ME WITH THE DARKEST LEGACY AND ALL THE FEELS. I'm good ((yeah, sure)). Anyway hope you're alive, or if you're dead I hope death is treating you well.

The story behind this: Basically what happened in 'Never Fade' ((SPOILER FOR NEVER FADE)) Ruby doesn't get back with Jude and the others (at the fake East River).

Also I'd just like to add that I don't remember all the details of what was written in the book...so if I get some things wrong I'm sorry.
*******************
Vida PoV

As much as it pained me to admit, and it pained me a lot, Chubs was pretty smart. While it was certainly clear that he was a massive pain in the ass, he would stop by every bed with a glass of water and tried to help as much as he could, ordering any kid that was around to bring blankets and more water. What surprised me even more was how he let down his guard around Liam, who seemed to get worse by the hour.

Chubs would kneel by his bed checking his temperature every hour or so, his face dropping every time he'd look at the number (which seemed to be only increasing). He would always pinch his nose staring desperately into the distance, as if yelling at Ruby to hurry the fuck up or there would be nothing left of her Prince Charming.

"Turn around," Chubs ordered approaching me with pieces of cloth and water.

"I'd prefer to be strangled when I can see it coming," I growled as he sat down next to me.

"I'd prefer if you stopped talking and do as I asked if you don't want to get an infection from your burns."

He might have been right, but that didn't mean it wasn't any less annoying. However, the fact that my burns from the fight with the Red were still sore and excruciatingly painful made me reluctantly turn around letting him move what remained of my hair to the side and revealed my burns.

Chubs sighed as he soaked the cloth in water placing it on my burned shoulder. I was preparing myself for the pain even before I decided to turn around, yet I still winced as he placed the cold, wet cloth over my shoulder.

"Jeez, what are you a cat?" He asked as I hissed, "Stop hissing. It's not gonna help."

"I should stop hissing! Next time when you get half your shoulder burned off and I'll be the one treating it I'll tell you to stop fucking hissing!" I yelled at him annoyed, that he had the nerve to tell me what to do.

"I'd rather be treated by an actual cat then you," he mumbled reapplying the wet cloth over my shoulder making me dig my nails into my thighs.

"YOU ARE LITERALLY-" I started saying, but was interrupted by a kid rushing in rambling on about something. After clearing something up with another kid he ran up to me and Chubs.

"Olivia!" He gasped trying to catch his breath, "She's back!"

"Stay put!" Chubs said immediately standing up and running outside before I could.

"I DON'T TAKE ORDERS FROM YOU!" I yelled also standing up, but before I could reach the exit a stampede of kids blocked my path leaving me stranded in a sea of half dead kids. I saw there was no point rushing outside, I'd soon hear Jude's "HI VI!" and Ruby's "Oh Liam, please be okay!" so I just sat there and waited.