13

edit: so i spelled amybeth's last name wrong. and her last name is all over the chapter and i'm too lazy to change it so deal with it lol....

finn:
"can everyone please just shut the fuck up!" sadie yelled from the back seat of millie's car.

we were driving home from school. it was around 7:00pm they made us stay 4 days at school because of the lockdown. we stayed there for 4 days and weren't told anything. everyone slept in the gym.

"so the police said the intruders took her? they took millie?" caleb asked in a serious tone. you were permitted from using a phone only to call parents. the intruders set some type of bomb surrounding the school. it took a very long time to figure out how to deactivate it.

"yes," i heard gaten say quietly. "please. don't talk about it anymore. not now." i could feel tears form at the rim of my eyes as i spoke.

"i can't," i swallowed the lump forming in my throat as i began to speak again.

"i can't hear about it because then i think about it. i think about millie alone. with those people that took her. i think about them abusing her until she can't even keep her eyes open anymore because the pain hurts so bad. i just can't. i need to get home and be with lydia." i let a tear fall down my cheek.

"finn it will okay they will find her i promise." noah said while rubbing my shoulder. i nodded and looked back at the rode. i should have said it back. i do love millie. i am in love with her, i should have realized it sooner.

-15 minutes later-

"winona?!" i threw my backpack down running into the kitchen. "finn." her eyes were red and puffy. she threw her body around mine beginning to cry again.

"the cops came 4 days ago after i went to pick up lydia. they told me everything. we need to talk." i nodded quickly begging to know more.

"i need to see lydia." i said frantically scanning the room to see her. "she is in her room with joe. she needs you right now. go." i pulled away form the fragile woman running down the hall to lydia's room.

"lyd?" i opened the door slowly wanting to see her little face. "finnie?" i could her the sadness clear in her voice. joe left the room patting my shoulder.

"hey lydia." i sighed as i pulled her small figure into my arms. "finnie where is mommy? why hasn't she come home yet? i want mommy." her tears soaking into my shirt.

"lydia calm down it will be okay i promise. the police will find her." tears beginning to fall from my eyes. i slowly pet the top of her hair.

i soon realized she had fallen asleep. i went to put her into her bed, but she wouldn't let go of my shirt.

i walked into the moving room to see winona holding two cups of tea for me and her. lydia still clinging to me tightly. "she is asleep. but won't let go." i said, letting out a small chuckling afterwards.

"so tell me; what happened?" i said sitting down at this point.

"she was going to lock the classroom door and then the intruders flung the door open hitting her head, hard. one of the two men picked millie up. the other intruder shot the teacher. the teacher kept yelling for the intruder to put millie down. so the other intruder shot her. they took millie and one other student. her name was amy beth mcnutly." winona took a long sip of her warm drink after finishing telling me.

"okay and they have no idea on where their whereabouts are?" i asked rubbing lydia's back softly. winona shook her head. i sighed running my hand through my hair.

"can we please talk more tomorrow? i need to just sleep for a couple of hours." winona nodded as a sign for me to leave. i mouthed 'thank you' making my way to millie's room.