i can't fall in love with you

Albus felt something different. He didn't feel puppy love, like he felt when they had kissed the other day. He didn't feel scared or rushed, like he did when he leaned in so quickly. And he didn't feel horny, like he did when his mouth crashed upon Scorpius's. He felt something different.

Scorpius was frightened all over again. He had thought that they had kissed, they had cried, but it's over now. Whatever experiment they had tested... it was over. But Scorpius couldn't help but want to stay this close to Albus forever, their foreheads pressed together for eternity.

Albus finally broke the silence by saying, "You know, they say if you stare into a person's eyes long enough, you will both fall in love."

Albus only needed to whisper, for they were so close.

"I can't fall in love with you." Scorpius replied, barely audible to anyone else.

"Why?" Albus asked, barely even speaking, just breathing.

Scorpius closed his eyes and took Albus's hand in his. He decided he wanted to stop the seriousness. So, he pulled his head away and said in a much more audible voice,

"Because, Albus, not only are we best mates, your sister and I are mates as well. And... well, you're a Potter, I'm a Malfoy. And because Mr. Chili is my one true love."

"The snowman?" Albus said, laughing.

"Correct."

They both doubled over in laughter, and Scorpius was glad he dodged Albus's question. Because Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy was falling for Albus Severus Potter, and there was no way he would ever let him know.