Part 17

Natalia cut the huge cake and everyone cheered and clapped. She received many gifts from the queens and princesses that were present. The feast went on for long.

Natalia was in Steven's arms, dancing gracefully.

"I love that smile on your lips, my beautiful queen" Steven said as her smile brightened, "I wish to know what causes it"

She tilted her head towards William, who was trying to mimic the dance steps with a young princess.

"He is so cute" she said, her cheeks flushing.

"He is " Steven replied, turning her, and holding her from behind.

"Keep smiling this way, my beautiful queen" he whispered in her ear.

Natalia's eyes caught Buchanan dancing with Wanda. He was trying to move on, putting on a smile with force, trying to start a conversation. Natalia was happy, she always knew he belonged to Wanda and she felt guilty of their relationship. But now it was all in the past. What amazed Natalia was. No matter how hard Buchanan tried, Wanda was lost in thoughts and couldn't catch up. She wasn't smiling, she felt lost.

She knew that state, and there could be only one explanation. Wanda was being forced in this relationship, much like Buchanan himself was.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt Steven's lips on her jaw.

The rest of the day, Natalia only had Wanda on her mind. She decided to confront her at night.

"I need to see the princess" she told the informers, who returned a while later with the message that the princess awaited her.

"My queen" Wanda curtsied, "I am sorry, I didn't want to cause trouble, but I am not in the position to leave the room"

"Privacy" Natalia said, and all maids left the room. Natalia stepped forward and took Wanda's hand, cupping her cheek with the other. Even though they were roughly the same age, Natalia was going to be her mother in law, that changed their equation.

"You aren't happy, are you? " she asked, sounding empathic , "I saw it in your eyes, Princess. This marriage is against your will"

Wanda couldn't hold it back anymore, and she broke down, hugging Natalia. Natalia let her calm down, rubbing her hair gently, "Shsh!! Its alright, calm down. Just calm down " she kept saying.

Natalia took her to the bed and settled her, sitting beside her and taking her hand, "Tell me, what is that bothers you"

Wanda was hesitant, but looking into Natalia's eyes, she trusted her, "I.. I am in love.. With Prince Loki of Asgard" she told her.

"Why don't you tell your father? " Natalia asked.

"Asgard isn't a friend country, we are enemies. I didn't know he was a prince.. We just met at a carnival and.. I was already betrothed but.. I couldn't contain my heart.. He is so charming and.. Father would.. " she sobbed, "Moreover, our relations with Rogeria are off much greater value"

"I am so sorry" Natalia pat her cheek, "I wish I could change this, but my hands are tied "

"Its alright, my queen. I understand " Wanda said, "What scares me is.. He might wage a war soon, he wouldn't give up on me. And I cannot fo anything to prevent it"

Natalia feared it. She recalled what Steven's fears were. But she wasn't sure if she could tell him.

_____

Steven entered their room at night and was mesmerized by the view. Natalia stood by the window, moonlight falling on her, making her shine. Her peach night gown, with roses on the borders of her deep neck that exposed her cleavage to a max, little red dots filling the rest of the netted covering on the silk. Her hair falling on her back. She simply stole his breath.

He walked close to her and took a long deep breath, that startled her.

"Relax, my beautiful queen. Its me" he said, and the taking her waist, he turned her, her hands touched his chest.

"Why do you have to keep the distance? " he asked, his hand caressing her neck, down to her cleavage.

"My king , I need to ask you something " she said.

"No" he pulled her closer, "not before you pay your debts, remember? You owe me"

She gave him a slight annoyed look, and he smirked, leaning down to kiss her neck.

"You can ask, while I adore your flawless skin" he said.

"How are Rogeria's relations with Asgard? " she asked.

He pulled her closer and then pushed her to the bed. She landed with her back on the bed, her arms spread behind. He towered her, unbuttoning his shirt.

"Friendly, king Thor is one of my closest friends" he said, descending to kiss her cleavage, she grabbed the sheets hard and closed her eyes.

"And Prince Loki? " she asked.

"What about him? He is adopted, no body cares about him" he replied, his hands moving up to move her dress down her shoulders.

Natalia shrugged her shoulders and moved back, sitting up, folding her hands around her knees.

"This isn't fair, my beautiful queen" Steven's voice sounded like William when he didn't get what he wanted, Natalia couldn't control her laugh.

"You promised, my king" she said.

Her voice was seductive to his ears, "My beautiful queen, I have troubles with control when you behave this queenly" he said, grabbing her angle, and pulled her, and she was again lying beneath him.

She held his face, "No, my king, you promised. A king never breaks his promise " she said, "My debts are clear now"

He held her waist, "that's up to me to decide"

He dug his face in the valley of her breasts again, and it tickled her, when his kisses were fast and demanding, instead of slow and intimidating. She laughed and that turned him on further.

"Are Maximia and Asgard enemies? " she asked, controlling her laugh.

"Kind of, King Odin had demanded Wanda's hand for Loki when they were kids. But Eric wanted Thor to be his son-in-law, since he was the crown prince while Loki is adopted. The refusal didn't go well with King Odin. They are not terms ever since" he explained, kissing her neck now.

Natalia was alert, this wasn't what she thought. Loki was probably plotting revenge. Poor Wanda did not know. This was far twisted then she thought.

When she stopped laughing, Steven looked up.

"What happened? " he asked.

"My king, I need to sleep " she said.

Steven didn't argue with her and nodded, sensing a change of mood, he didn't want to ruin the moment. He moved off her and he turned her face away. She kept on thinking, debating with herself on what her next step should be.

*******
Uhm, Steve Nat are still getting playful.
OmG, Wanda, loki, 😦 the game
Do give your reviews.