The Volturi Are Back

It's 2 am, Renessme and Jake are sound asleep. As Edward and I were watching a movie, we're interupted by Jasper and Emmet tackling each other.

"Guys stop! Your going to wake Ness up!" I say angrily.

"Oh right, sorry" Jasper says

"Yeah sorry, we'll finish this outside." Emmet says eagerly.

  Carlisle and Esme are playing cards at the table, when sombody knocks on the door. We all asume it's just Emmet and Jasper, even though they know the door is always open.

"It's unlocked you idiot!" I yell irritated. But as I say that, I smell something familiar.

"Well, if it's always open...we should visit more often." Says the Volturi in unison.

  I put guard down so Edward can read my thoughts while Carlisle and the Volturi talk.

*Edward, why are they here?*

"They want to see how Ness is" Edward whispers in my ear.

  I put my guard back up, but I'm still tense. Suddenly I feel a wave of calm wash over me, and of course Jasper is looking right at me, using his power. At first I scowl at him, but I thank him.

" Bella, my old friend" the Volturi approach me." May I see the child?"

"She's sleeping, you'll have to wait until morning" I say trying to stay calm.

"Well then, shall we play a board game to pass time...perhaps monopoly?" The Volturi ask eagerly.

"We don't have monopoly" Edward says irritated.

"Well, we'll go for now then. But we will back in 2 days to see the child." The Volturi leave.