Carlos

Once we're home, we ask Carlos to try and use his powers, so we see how they work. Carlos was trying to hypnotize Jake, and then he turned in a tiger! So we asked him to try and shapeshift again, and he hypnotized Emmet instead. For the rest of the day, all we did was try to get him to control his powers...no luck.

  When we finally got him to shapeshift back to himself, we decided we'll be done for the day. He doesn't need a bed, so we just let him the guest room if he needs it. Carlos goes to lye down, and I put Ness to bed.

  As I leave Ness's room after putting her to sleep, I hear snoring coming from the guest room. I walk over, and find Carlos sleeping! I think to myself, that's not possible, he's a vampire, vampires don't sleep. I run downstairs to tell everyone about my discovery.

"Guys, Carlos is sleeping!" I say sternly.

"Bella that's imposdible, you know vampires don't sleep." Alice says obviously.

"That's what I thought too, but go look!" I say irritated.

  Alice races up the stairs.

"Bella, are you sure he was asleep, and not just resting?" Edward asks conserned.

"He was snoring edward, and I know what I saw!" I say angry.

  Alice comes back the stairs with Carlos.

"Bella, see, he wasn't sleeping. When I got up there, he was wide awake." Alice says.

"But, I swear...just...nevermind, sorry Carlos...it looked like you were sleeping." I say confused.

"It's fine, don't worry about it...but um, can I talk to you and Edward alone please?" Carlos says suspiciously.

"Ok?" Edward and I say in unison.

We all go up to the guest room and talk.

"Alright listen...can I trust you 2?" Carlos asked worried.

"Of course" I say.

"Well, I'm not just a vampire...I'm part vampire... part werewolf. Nobody turned me, I was born like this. My mother was a vampire, my father a werewolf. They left me when I was 5, said they couldn't risk getting caught anymore, I've been on my own since. I noticed you daughter was part human part vampire. I thought you would understand, and could help me." Carlos says hopefull.

"Wow...well, we can help you, but the volturi can't find out what you really are. And...can you become a werewolf on command?" I ask

"Yes, that's the only shapeshift I know how to control." Carlos says.

"Wait, hold on...how can we trust you?" Edward asks concerned.

"I'll show you, I can drink blood from an animal, and I'll show you me as a werewolf." Carlos says.

"Ok, tomorrow after we tell the whole family what you are." Edward says sternly.

  Great, another secret to keep from the volturi. There's no doubt in my mind that they'll kill Carlos when they find out. At least he doesn't smell like dog. Lucky us, Jacob reaks of dog smell bad enough.