Love is Love

Chapter 5

It's Time

It was the big day. Sarah woke up feeling anxious and nervous. "What if the procedure goes wrong and I can't get pregnant?" Sarah asked Sara worried. "Honey, you're overreacting. Everything will be fine. I'm sure the procedure will go according to plan and then we'll have our little baby. Besides, if you can't get pregnant, I'll do it for you," said Sara with confidence. "Aww, thanks hon, I really need to chill out," laughed Sarah. The two kissed and left the apartment. They took the highway down to St. Vincents. The closer they got, the more nervous Sarah was getting. They parked their car out in the parking lot of the hospital. Sara looked over at Sarah who was looking down at the floor. She noticed that she was crying. "Sweetie, are you ok?" Sara asked. "No, I'm really scared." Sarah said crying. Sara took Sarah's hand and kissed it. "You'll be ok. We can get through this." Sarah looked up and smiled a little. She took a deep breath. "Ok. let's do this!" The two got out of the car and walked into the hospital.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sarah was lecturing, as usual, one day in her class when suddenly she began to feel queasy. "Oh my.." she thought to herself. She continued, however, as soon as she sat down at her desk, she started to feel the vomit come up in her throat. She ran toward the trash can and threw up everything she had eaten that morning. "Oh my god Mrs. Littleton, are you ok??" asked one of her students. Sarah wiped her mouth. "Yea, just a little morning sickness that's all," she managed to say. Sarah called a substitute and went home for the day. When she got home, she laid down in her and Sara's bed. She smiled and put her hand on her stomach. "Hello there, baby," she said with a smile. The next week, Sarah and Sara went back to see Dr. Phillips. "Hello, Sarah! How have you been?" she asked. "I've been well, thanks!" Sarah replied. "Good! So, have you been experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy?" "Um, yes, I've been having morning sickness just about everyday." Sarah said. "Ok, well how about I do an ultrasound to see if we can see the baby?" asked Dr. Phillips. "Sure!" Sarah replied. Sarah laid down on the exam table. She grabbed Sara's hand. Sara looked at her and grinned big. Dr. Phillips pulled out the gel stuff and rubbed some on Sarah's stomach. "Ooh! That's cold!" Sarah said shivering. "Haha, it's supposed to be, silly," Sara said jokingly. Dr. Phillips proceeded to rub the sensor on to Sarah's stomach. "Ok, let's see...oh! You see that little pulsating circle in the corner? That's your baby's heartbeat." Sarah put her hands over her face. She was nearly in tears. "Congratulations!" said Dr. Phillips. "Yay! Our little baby!" Sara said happily. Sarah got up and hugged Dr. Phillips. "Thank you so much!" she said all teary eyed. "You're welcome! I'll see you in a month or so!" Dr. Phillips replied. Sara and Sarah left the hospital and drove home. Later that night, Sarah had framed the ultrasound pictures and put them on her night stand. She was proud that her and Sara were about to become mothers. Sara laid in bed beside Sarah who was nearly asleep. She kissed her neck. "Goodnight, honey. And good night little baby." She rubbed Sarah's stomach. Sarah smiled and they both went to sleep.