12

(before you read this chapter please note that I'm not good with court stuff)

(that's Hannah)

NO ONE'S POV

It has been 3 weeks and today is the court date on who will get custody of Jack's little girl. When they get there they see Jack's wife and her lawyer and they see that Jack's little girl is here too.

The people that came with Jack is his lawyer which is Max's mother and Ben came as well since he knows Jack quite well and Max didn't come since he didn't know anything about Jack like Ben does.

Just then the officer comes in and says "all rise for judge Sims" everybody stands up.

"Everybody please be seated," she says then wacks the desk with her mallet and they all sit down "we are here to see which one of the parents are the right choice to raise the child, so please you may begin"

"Thank you, your honor," both lawyers say.

"You may go first, Stacey Anderson," Mrs. Sims says. (that is Max's last name)

"Thank you, your honor," she gets up "I would like to call the wife to the stand"

Jack's wife gets up and walks to the stand and then the officer walks to her with a book and says.

"Please put your right hand on the book and raise your left hand up" she does as she's told, "do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth?"

"Yes officer I do," she says, he nods and leaves.

"Is it true that your name is Amanda Collins?" Stacey asks.

"Yes, it is," Amanda says.

"Is it true that you stay home?" Stacey asks.

"Yes I do," Amanda says.

"And what do you do at home?" Stacey asks.

"I cook, clean and take care of my daughter"

Stacey nods "and that does your husband do?"

"He works and does drugs and drinks and cheats on me"

"And what about your daughter?"

"Um, she's a sweet girl and I love her and I want to keep her so I can continue on taking care of her"

"Does he ever hurt her?"

"Only when he's drunk"

Jack gets up "that's a lie your honor, shes the one that hurt her," he says being mad.

"Silence Mr. Collin or I'll have you removed," the judge says. He still mad but sits down "please continue"

"Thank you, your honor, Mrs. Collin I have 1 more thing to ask you"