Chapter 1 - rainy day

ᴾᴸᴱᴬˢᴱ ᴸᴵᴷᴱ ᴬᴺᴰ ᶜᴼᴹᴹᴱᴺᵀ!!!

It's raining again.

"I'll be back mom!", I grabbed my rain coat and ran out the door, slamming it behind me.

My name is Phil, I'm a 17 year old gay boy who just started senior year in a new house and a new school.

I enjoy going to the forest when it rains and sitting under the trees so I could think.

...

Once I reached the forest I paused at the sound of crunching behind me, "hello?", no one was behind me.

I continued walking.

"Hi..", I whipped around startled, making eye contact with a boy, "Sorry, I was shy to say anything."

"Who are you?"

The boy was a tiny bit taller than me. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He wore all black.

Quite mysterious.

"My name is Daniel, I've seen you around here for a while but I was too scared you wouldn't see or want to talk to me."

"Sorry, I actually just moved into the neighborhood and I'm not very talkative at the moment.. being forced to move and everything."

Daniel looked ghostly, sick, and tired.

"Well what's your name?"

I paused a second.

"Call me Phil."

"Alright Phil, call me Dan!", Dan smiled.

His smile..

"Where do you live??", Dan's smile faded and turned into a awkward frown.

"Uh, down the road.. I'm not allowed to have people over unfortunately, I don't even have a phone in fact.."

"That sucks, where do you go to school?"

"Not sure.."

"What?"

"Dropped out, I'd be a senior now though.", Dan looked very odd. Not physically but like the aura around him.

"Dropped out? Do you think you could go to my new school? It would be nice to have a friend and all.."

"Friend?", I glanced up from my bruised skin and saw Dan's expression, very surprised.

"I'm sorry I-"

"No you're fine, it's just, I haven't had a friend since like.. sophomore summer going into junior??"

"Why?"

"People don't see me anymore.", Dan looked very sad looking at the floor.

"Well you're not invisible anymore! I'm here for you and I'm more than happy to be your friend!", I blurted out, making Dan look at me with wide, happy eyes.

"M-most people see through m-me... but you-"

"I'm not like everyone else."

"Clearly."

"I'm here for you, you're my new friend."

Oh, it stopped raining.

"Really..?"

"Yes."

Dan started crying.

He reached his arms out to what I was assuming was to hug me but he stopped.

"I-I need t..to go.", he didn't wait for my answer, he just walked into the forest and disappeared.

And I didn't see him the rest of the day.

Worse thing is..

I have no way to make sure we can actually see each other again.

🅣🅗🅐🅝🅚 🅨🅞🅤

ᴾᴸᴱᴬˢᴱ ᴸᴵᴷᴱ ᴬᴺᴰ ᶜᴼᴹᴹᴱᴺᵀ!!!