Chapter 8 - Murder

ᴾᴸᴱᴬˢᴱ ᴸᴵᴷᴱ ᴬᴺᴰ ᶜᴼᴹᴹᴱᴺᵀ!!!

Dan was laid on my bed looking like a nervous wreck. Honestly I was too.

"Alright."

I took Dan's hand and so did Peej.

Everything got blurry until it went black.

...

I'm in the forest.

There's a boy walking beside the forest with his hands in his pockets.

"Dan!"

He looked behind him and right through me.

"Hello?", Dan looked very.. alive.

He turned right.

Right into the forest.

Electrifying fear shot through my veins.

"Dan no!", I attempted to grab him but I went right through him.

Everything was grey.

No color.

Is this how it is for him?

"Damnit!", my eyes shot to Dan who was pulling his leg out of ankle deep mud. "New fucking shoes too!", he took off his shoe and threw it to the side, along with his sock.

Then repeat.

He was barefoot.

"Fucking hell! I'm going to be in so much trouble.", Dan frowned to himself. He looked annoyed and stressed.

Three gun shots filled the forest causing Dan and I to stop walking.

Oh god.

His parents.

"WHO GOES HUNTING THIS LATE AT NIGHT!?", Dan walked faster.

We reached his house and anxiety kicked in.

Dan walked up the steps and stopped at a pair of shoes and socks near the front door, and put them on. Not even noticing the door being cracked open.

In fact he just pushed in.

Not even fazed.

"I'm home!", he slumped his backpack down and took off upstairs. "Mom! Dad!", he turned into their room with me close behind.

Dan immediately saw his parents and froze.

"Gage?!", Dan took off running, with me unbelievably close behind, and reached his little brothers room.

But he froze, horrified.

I looked past him and saw a man with a ski mask holding a pillow over his brothers head.

"Dan run!"

Immediately after I yelled that Dan took off down the hall, down the stairs, and out the front door.

The murder right behind him.

I tried to keep up.

"Help!", Dan's voice rang through the forest as he ran and dodged trees, jumping and stumbling.

Until he fell.

"Found you.", the killers voice was rough as he grabbed Dan's leg and crawled on him.

Dan grabbed the mans mask and pulled it off, immediately gasping.

"I know you! Fuck! Help!", the killer only laughed.

I tried to run and help but my foot jammed under a tree root and I fell to the ground.

"If only someone would..", he grabbed Dan by the throat with one hand and reached in his back pocket with the other, "Any last words?"

"Yeah, fuck you.", he put back on the mask.

The man then tightened his grip and brought the knife down, stabbing Dan right into his shoulder.

Dan let out a horrific scream and tried to fight him off but he only got weaker and weaker.

And he went limp.

"Not so tough now are you?"

The killer got off Dan and grabbed him by both his legs, dragging him across the forest floor.

His face was blurry.

Dan's face is the only face I could see.

"Dan..", I got my foot out and ran after them.

"Phil..", I quickly turned around and started sobbing, Dan stood there crying as well. "Y-your color..", Dan walked up slowly and ran his fingers down my jaw.

"Dan.."

"You have such pretty blue eyes, I never want to not look at them, you could drown in these eyes of yours."

"Dan shut up..", I cupped his face and smashed my lips into his. He jumped in surprise but seconds later matched my speed.

Oh god,

I'm in love with him

🅣🅗🅐🅝🅚 🅨🅞🅤

ᴾᴸᴱᴬˢᴱ ᴸᴵᴷᴱ ᴬᴺᴰ ᶜᴼᴹᴹᴱᴺᵀ!!!