Chapter Two: The Test!?

"Haru!"

I sighed before pushing my chair back. The alarm clock on my desk made me flinched. Damn, it's past eleven already? "Haru!" I dragged my eyes away from the clock and walk out, straight into the living room. Kimura, Sheila and Lyoed sat on the couch. Kimura was looking at me while Sheila and Lyoed was paying attention to the TV. "What?" The past few weeks living with them really getting on my nerve. Kimura kept on bugging me, giving me no privacy at all. Sheila always tried to clean up my room, even though I myself could do it. And Lyoed's not helping at all. She's the most matured than all of us but why oh why does she kept on leaving her clothes on the floor? Like all over the room!?

Kimura smiled. "Nothing much, just checking that we are going together to school tomorrow?" Again, the same question that she asked every Monday night, which I always answered by shrugging and nodding. Kimura grinned. "Cool!"

With a grunt, I headed back to my room. What the heck am I here for?! Why isn't the CMS sending me orders? I have been here for like, weeks ago. I am getting damn frustrated! I sighed again. I lay my head on the soft pillow, feeling tired and comfortable. I swear to Hades, that if by the end of this week the CMS aren't giving me orders, I will left this town and let all the people living in it die.

*************************

It was in the middle of midnight when I felt hands on my shoulder, shaking it lightly. "Haru."

I groaned. "Damn it, Kimura. I want to sleep." Without opening my eyes, I turned to face the other side. A chuckle came from my back. Second passed and I started to drift back to sleep when suddenly the urge to laugh came, urging me to open my eyes. I giggled, forcing my eyes open and turned to faced the culprit who dared to invade my sleep. I gasped." Phill!" Phillip stopped tickling me and grinned.

"Hey, Haru." I hugged him, feeling the warm of his body seeping into me. Oh, how I missed Phillip. When I let go of him, a huge grin had already forming on my lips. " What are you doing here?" Phillip pat my shoulder, before ruffling my hair. "Aww, did  you miss me?" I hit his arm and glare at him, teasingly. "Duh!" Phillip chuckle. He shifted his position to sit in front of me. "How are you? How's school?" I frowned. "Well, I'm fine, school's sucks." He chuckled again. I shook my head. "Wait, really Phillip. What in the world are you doing here?"

Phillip stood up and grinned, his hand in his pocket. "What, am I'm not allowed to visit my dear little sister?" I rolled my eyes. "Leave the drama alone, Phill. I'm not your sister." Phillip suddenly had a very serious expression on his face. "I already accept you as my sister. I'm your guardian Haru." I smiled, nodding my head. "Yeah, I know. Sorry, Phill." Phillip was my brother's best friend. When I was little, Phillip would always came over to hang out and he never left me out whenever he and Kaoru went somewhere to have fun. When Kaoru left, Phillip was the one who stood up and offered to take me under his wing. Since then, he had trained me and taught me everything that I know. I know that before my brother disappeared, Phillip was with him. But he never told me what they were talking about that day.

Phillip shrugged, accepting my apology. "Well, you better get ready Haru. I'm in charge of giving you your-" "My first mission? Yeah! At last, or Hades knows what I'm going to do." I interrupt him. I excitedly jumped of my bed, stretching. After a quick change, I followed Phillip as we both jumped out of my window. My red jacket flew opened as we jumped down and ran straight to the forest behind my dorm. "So, what's my mission?" I was wearing a black, sleeveless button-up shirt with collar. My favorite red jacket hung around my shoulder, which reached just above my knees. Don't get me wrong, I hate red, honestly I do. But Phillip gave me this jacket for my sixteenth birthday a few weeks ago. And I like Phillip, so you know. "You sure you are going to wear that, Haru?" Phillip asked, gesturing towards my short, silky black pant. I shrugged. "Yeah. Why?" He frowned. "I don't want you to freeze to death tonight." I chuckled. He frowned even deeper when he saw the jacket. "I don't think-" A low growl interrupt his statement. We both look behind us and saw a big demon, snarling at us. It has a pair of horns on its head and its eyes were blood red in colour. When it saw us, a loud roar escape its fang-filled mouth. It stood high above us. "Woah." When it saw me, a grinned-like snarl shot across its hideous face and suddenly, it pounce on me. I gasped but I managed to jumped out of the way as its claws came down on me. Phillip staggered backwards but held his ground. He made gesture with his hand and drew a spear from thin air.