Music

Virgil was tired. 

It had been back to back rescues for the last two weeks running. He even too tried to play the piano.

Plunk!

Virgil sat up. Sam was sleeping after the last rescues and Scott was taking care of his son, Jeff, who had refused to sleep the last two nights. So who was trying to play the piano.

As he walked closer to the instrument he heard a cry. 

His daughter, Lucy, sat on the floor crying.

"What happened, princess?" Virgil asked.

"I try to play music," the little girl said reaching for her dad.  

Virgil smiled at his daughter, then sat her on his lap. He took her small hands in his own, and placed them on the keys. The two began to plunk out a familiar tune, and began to sing. One bass, and one off-key little girl.

Ninjago! Go!

It's time for training and we're getting started
It's on, you know
And we want to see you whip and shout it
"We rock - you roll!"

They say
Go slow
And everything just stands so still
We say
Go go
We're ready 

As the pair played and sang, they didn't notice that they had an audience. And she had a video camera recording the whole thing.

Sam smiled as she watched the pair play. It had been ages since she had heard the pair play together and she missed the cuteness.

She could tell that Virgil was tired, but was glad to help his little girl play her favorite song.

How would he react to the fact that soon, he would have another child to play with?