Car

Alice had four favorite things in the world. 

Gordon Tracy, dance, and her cars. 

Her classic cherry red 1961 Dodge Dart convertible let her go for long drives before she lost her leg. 

She missed the feeling of the wind in her hair, the way the road felt under the wheels. 

But something told her that today, that would change

-----------------------

Gordon leaned against the Alice's car. This was going to go one of two ways: Alice would kill him for even touching her car or he would be the best boyfriend ever.

He had to resisted the urge to ruffle his hair. Scott had helped him get his messy blonde hair parted in 1960s fashion and it was driving him nuts. He was wearing a button up yellow sweater over a white t-shirt and blue jeans. 

He looked the part.

--------------------------

Alice brushed off her dress and stood up. 

She was dressed in a navy blue button up top and skirt number. A string of pearls were draped around her neck and white wrist length gloves adorned her hands. Simple yet elegant shoes fit her feet to perfection. Her mom had helped her put a yellow and green scarf over her hair and put on old turquoise earrings.  

She glanced in the hall mirror. She looked like she was going for one of her drives. Alice sighed, looking down at her legs. Her leg. 

Brains had tried his best to match her skin tone, but the prosthetic was slightly darker then her skin. 

Her Dart was a stick shift, meaning she had to have two good hands and two good feet. 

"Sis, your date is waiting for you," Lance said, sticking his arm out of her to hold on to.

He led his twin outside and right up to Gordon. Alice giggled at his appearance. 

"Young man, I expect you to behave around my little girl, you hear?" Lance asked, acting like he was her dad.

"Yes sir. Alice shall we?" Gordon opened the passage side door.

He offered his hand and Alice gratefully excepted it as Gordon helped her into the car. He then raced around to other side and jumped in, starting the car up. 

The couple drove off, Alice laughing at Gordon's cheesy jokes and enjoying the wind in her hair. 

It was a perfect date for the jokester pair.