Halloween

Oh, how Gordon Tray loved Halloween. The scares, the pranks, the candy, and the pumpkins.

But this year, he wasn't so sure. It was the first Halloween he would spend with Alice, and that terrified him.

Yeah she loved his jokes and pranks, but this was different. Gordon's Halloween pranks were always bigger and better then anything else, like last year's robot spider crawling around the whole house.

He sighed. No pranks this year. He didn't wan to scare Alice out of his life like he had Lady Penelope. This would be a nice, normal holiday.

--------------------------------------------------

When Scott Tracy went to shower after his morning run, he was puzzled. There weren't any pumpkins waiting for him in the shower. No ketchup came out of the shower head. No switched tooth paste and body wash. Where was the spring loaded fake snake with his hair gel in its mouth and the rubber mouse in the toilet?

"Hey, Emma, did you already shower?" he said drying off his hair as he walked out of their bathroom.

"No, not yet. And have you been in the kitchen? There wasn't a single prank out there when I went to put on the coffee pot and get Jeff a bottle," Emma said from her place in her rocking chair. Jeff was cuddling into her chest as he guzzled his morning bottle.

Scott scratched his chin. Something was very off.

Where were all the pranks?

--------------------------------------------------------

Sam bit her lip, hard.

She had seen it, right? She wasn't just going a bit stir crazy from being away from Ninjago for so long.

"Babe, what's up?" Virgil's voice made Sam jump and turn to face him.

"I'm not sure you'd believe me right now," she said, turning back to the balcony.

And saw the ghost dragon perching on the edge of her daughter's crib.

Virgil saw the horror before he heard the scream. His wife was staring at a small dragon perched on the edge of Lucy's crib, ready to spring. The small creature hopped on to his daughter, beginning to claw at her onesie-clad chest. He thought fast, grabbing it and pulling it off of the slightly bloody toddler.

"Lucy!"

"Sam! This thing is still trying to kill someone!" The ninja turned to her husband, grabbed the beast's wings, and yanked. A sharp popping was heard and it wilted in Virgil's hands, unconscious.

"It's a little known fact that if you dislocate a dragon's wing, it passes out until you pop it back into place. Survival tactic." Virgil nodded.

"Grab the first aid kit from the bathroom, dear. I'm going to need it." Sam rushed to the bathroom.

Lucy rubbed her eyes and started to whimper as the pain from the scratches. Virgil tossed the beast aside and picked up his daughter, nessling her into his broad, bare chest. She soon was calm enough to stick her head over her dad's shoulder, to see the thing that had hurt her.

Lucy let out a loud scream when she saw the dragon fly towards her and her dad. Virgil throwing it to one side had relocated its wing. Virgil whirled, set Lucy down, grabbed a book, and whacked the dragon. Hard. Another sharp click was heard, and the creature dropped like a rock onto a blanket.

The pilot sighed and picked Lucy back up, laying her on a different blanket as Sam walked in with the first aid kit. She gave it to him, then stalked out of the room to figure out what was going on.