1 - Escape

Orange is one of the few colors I have not met. But that is seemingly about to change. If Kate managed to pull it off anyway.

Currently I'm stuck here, once again in the middle of nowhere propped up against the truck, waiting with Rob. Rob's my psychopathic guardian. With no parents or family contact I only have the person who is in charge of me.

I watch the sky with my head tilted back, leaning on my elbows that are set on the truck hood. We've been here for nearly half an hour, not that I don't mind a break from the recent endless hours in the truck.

But sitting here like ducks, waiting, waiting and more waiting is just another type of torture. It's worth when we are in front of an abandoned gas station in the middle of nowhere, just waiting for someone who is taking forever to get here. But for now watching the trees wave against the skyline is enough to keep me focused on something.

My peace is interrupted when Rob nudges me, causing me to look towards the road in front of me, only to see a car coming our way. It pulls off the road, stopping right in front of us. From our angle we knew any cars would be from the direction of the camp Kate had been stationed at.

The idea that an Orange that may be sitting next to her makes me uneasy, Kate I can trust but getting my mind messed with doesn't sound enjoyable

The idea that an Orange that may be sitting next to her makes me uneasy, Kate I can trust but getting my mind messed with doesn't sound enjoyable. Plus sitting, or mostly sleeping in my case, in a truck all day did not make me burst with the energy to fight right after I spent a night fighting.

My skin is covered in purple splotches, I don't need my mind to be messed with too. Kates presence gives me some peace. She's one of the Leagues recruits, just like Rob. I am working my way to be coming a recruiter.

I've also been working with the League for a little over a year and I'm only 17. I don't get the choice to leave, they say it's to keep me safe. Besides it's the more comfortable version of a camp. But while they may be better than a camp, I can't imagine spending much longer like this.

Still, I became one of the Leagues many weapons, but they take care of me at the end of the day. It's a luxury not many kids have, even if it comes at a cost. Sometimes I don't know if I'm willing to pay it. Unlike most kids, who can't use their powers at camps and therefore don't know how to use them at all, I know how to use my power.

I'm pretty good with it too. I have a better tolerance , if no longer drains me to do simple tricks. I can do more than a regular blue. My world right now revolves around me being the best at being blue. Everything comes with a price though, mine is usually passing out during hard core training sessions.

Over the last year I've been trained to be better than the average Blue. My specialty is The fact I can use my powers on myself. The way I use my gift, if that's what you want to call it, makes me special. I was trained to be a weapon and that's what I became. Sadly, I get exhausted by doing what they need me to. They keep me safe when I finish my mission, though on a regular basis I usually train the other blues, helping them control their power. Missions are pretty rare for me, I'm better at training the people who do the missions. Supposedly.