5 - Revealed

I walk behind Liam as we had caught up to Ruby, who wasn't going very fast. Twinkies didn't sound that great to me either as we ate them so often but food was food. We take a u-turn at the bottom of the stairs to get to Betty. God I was actually referring to the van as a person at this point. I watch my feet and Liams, thinking about our near kiss.

But Ruby's shriek snapped my out of it as I see her falling to the ground. Liam went falling to the ground, his hands over his ears as the frequency gun was pointed at him. But I get a regular gun pointed at me. I could still hear the frequency gun, I was internally cringing at the close radius and it wasn't even pointed at me. I hate frequency guns. "Hi Liam." she greets cheerfully before turning to me "Back it up slowly." I take a few slow steps away before she snaps at me to stop.

I watch her put the frequency gun right next to his ear, but if I do anything, I get shot

I watch her put the frequency gun right next to his ear, but if I do anything, I get shot. "I love that kids can hear frequencies that adults can't." she bragged, though she had a serious look on her face.

I had a sneer on my face as I watch her glance at Liam, as did I. He was on the ground with his hands covering his ears, groaning. The frequency bothered me as well but it wasn't aimed at me so I wasn't directly affected.

She releases the trigger of the frequency gun. She aimed it towards me as she held Liam's wrist, I fell to my knees as I knew she was only using it so I couldn't attack while she dealt with him.

I was on my knees, curled over as I covered my head with my arms, which were blocking my ears unsuccessfully. After what felt like an eternity I felt the frequency stop and I gasped out, the pounding my head didn't leave however.

"Who's the little lady? You first little girl, come on." Panic sets in as my head bursts up, afraid she was coming for me. My eyes focused slowly, I had had them closed so tightly that everything was hazy and I was seeing shapes.

She forced Ruby to stand as she dragged her to a standing position but Ruby took her bare wrist in her grip. Lady Jane slowly kneeled as she stared at Ruby, it was as if she was a god.

"Drop it." Ruby's nervous but still forceful command came out, and Lady Jane dropped her gun. The pistol was in her holster, but the frequency gun was on the ground with a clatter.

"And the keys." Ruby told her, my eyes went past them as I saw Chubs and Zu with duct tape over their mouths, their wrists and feet taped together tightly. I heard the keys jingle as they dropped, "Say you're sorry to Zu.". Ruby was officially scaring me, now I see why oranges are so dangerous.

"I'm sorry Zu." Lady Jane's voice came out clearly, but it didn't sound like she was saying it. It was monotone, as if she wasn't there at all. She no longer had a personality, barely a person.

I knew she was using her power, I hadn't seen her use it in person though. They all looked very confused, which I couldn't blame them.
"Now-" Ruby paused to take a deep breath, consumed by her emotions "you're gonna walk into the that forest." she was panting, taking another few moments "Keep walking, no matter how tired or how hungry you get, keep walking.". Ruby's voice was low, dangerous even.