Killers

"I'm surprised you're not with Ruby."  Emma commented surprised as she was walking into his room and she took notice of the shut laptop.

He sighs "Well I have some important stuff to do. She has made a lot of progress." He admits, coming into the room behind her and sitting on his couch, "Come sit. We can talk."

"I just don't want to leave everyone behind. At the League I was sent on missions and trained kids who often wouldn't make it back."A sigh protruded Emma as she rubbed her face tiredly, "I don't know what would go on but I remember they would go on missions, but because of one agents orders they wouldn't come back. I was under his care, I couldn't do anything. Except try and go myself. I was a killer." Her eyes began to well up with tears that she blinked away.

"I don't want this mission to bring back old memories. Why don't you stay? I'm sure we can send someone else. In fact I have a job for you tonight." his voice coy and smooth.

______________________________

Clancy strode into the passage with Emma on his tail, watching Liam shove the guard against a wall. When Liam stopped, Ruby and Chubs tried to catch his attention and make a run for it. But he just stood there. "He can't hear you. Get up you asshole." Clancy took short but powerful strides.

"Ye-yes sir." The man groaned, "Yes sir.". He struggled but managed to stand. Emma moved, standing next to him stoically. As if frozen. Like a robot.

"How's my dad?" Clancy questioned, looking at the guard who didn't dare look at him.
"Enjoying your old padded cell." He glanced at Clancy who looked at the group and one frozen Liam.

Clancy chuckled, "You've got kids to round up. Lots of new kids for my army." He walked towards them, not getting too close. "Call the birds." He directed, Chubs figured out what was happening. His eyes glowed green and he pulled Ruby away.

"Already on their way sir." He answered, as he was looking at Emma before moving forward but Emma wasn't aware. Her vision cloudy except for Clancy.

He moved forward, as if guarding Clancy as he talked. "I liked you Ruby. I really did." He started slow, "So believe me when I say I'm broken up about this. I'm just trying to make this miserable world a place where we don't have to be afraid."

He walked towards Liam, "Where those who are special, like you and me, can be in charge." He told her, "But you'd rather run around the woods with this guy and his little friends." He nodded towards Liam.

He threw his hand back, using all his might to punch Liam. Ruby cried out for him to stop as Chubs held her back. Liam's upper body was thrown to the right but his feet stayed planted firmly.

He had no choice but to take it and Emma had no choice but to watch while trapped in her own mind. "No one. Takes what's mine." Clancy murmured to him, as if he could hear.

He continued to punch him, his grunts and the sound of Liam being hit filled the air. Ruby's cries were sharp and almost shirll as they cut through loudly. "Not my father. Not anyone. Certainly not you." He shook his head as he looked at Liam.

"You know it sucks Ruby, we could have been leading an army together. Punishing everyone that ever hurt us." He told her, she just looked furious.

"Now I have a new plaything," Emma began to move, exactly like a soldier until she was right next to him. Her body rigged to the side, to his side as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "And she, unlike you, will do anything I want."