4 - One day

I look out the window tiredly, leaning my head on the side of the car. The sky was slowly filling with color as the sun rose. "So you're gonna take the next exit. It's a straight shot." Chubs says, which I had no idea where we were, nor did I care. I was woken up when Chubs and Ruby found the key to finding the camp.

    EDO was a radio frequency, which I guess she could pull off being a green after all. "Got it." Liam's voice was ridiculously low, I glance over at him but he was checking if anyone was behind us. He did that a lot, i'd lost count of how many times i'd seen him do it.

    But I guess it made sense, I mean no one else should be on the roads with us. Ruby said something that I didn't quite catch, but when I looked behind to look at them all I saw a grinning Chubs "To your house." he told her, she looked at him with her mouth wide open, she was definitely surprised, "We're taking you home.".

    I look over to Liam and he smiles at me, I smile back before turning away and back to the window. "Take a nap, we have a few hours." he speaks up, which I don't respond as I pile my blanket on my shoulder and between the door and my head.

_______________________________

    A hand shakes me awake and I burst up. "Woah hey. Relax." Liam calms me down, I look over to him and take a deep breath shakily. "We're here." he nods towards the window where I see we are under a bridge.

    I remove the crumpled blanket and hop out of Betty. I wait for Zu and Chubs as I see Ruby walk around ten feet away before stopping. "Are you sure about this?" Liam questions, I look over him, he was leaning on the front of Betty. I was on the other side of the hood.

    "Yeah." Ruby says, not very confidently as she turns around. She begins to walk a few steps back to us, she scoffs lightly as she realizes she's lying "No.".

    Liam drops his head, not feeling great at her response. Zu walks towards Ruby, hugging her side. It was quiet for a few moments before they separate and Zu walks back over to Chubs and I. "So if your parents are there, I guess.... I guess this is it." Liam shrugs, moving from his position on the car.

    "Yeah I guess we'll see." Ruby murmurs, Liam goes over to her and fixes the strings of her thin hoodie and her collar.

    "Don't take any candy from strangers." He gives her a look as he says it, giving her a knowing smile.

    There was no way I couldn't say it. "Don't climb into strangers van." I tell her before going over to her and hugging her, I whisper in her ear "Be careful. The League isn't going to give up looking for you and they will look here. You can find me near Salem, the League doesn't go there anymore.". Home is where every runaway child wants to go, some are just stupid enough to do it. I was smart enough to not go to my home, but across the state.

    But if I had a choice, I would go home too. I separate from her and head back to Zu, slinging my arm around her shoulder as she wraps her arms around my waist. "Thank you." Ruby looks to Liam, then the rest of us.

    I catch her eye though, giving her a nod. She waves hesitantly before we watch her walk away. Zu let's go of me and we head over to Liam. He wraps his arm around her and they lean into each other, I hold Zu's glove clad hand.

    We stay there for a few minutes before Liam spoke up "Why don't you guys go explore for a bit? We can wait to see if they were there.". I look over at him, analysing him for a second before I squeeze Zu's hand.

    "Yeah, i'm sure we can climb a few trees or something." I look down to Zu, then glance to Chubs and give him a look.
He seems to get what I'm trying to say. "Oh uh yeah. Climbing trees. Not very healthy for the trees but-" I elbow him, making him cough slightly, Zu looks at him and he mutters "Allergies.".