Chapter 6

Instead of running away from my problems, I decided to face them and actually talk to Noah. Just as friends though. It made it easier for me to avoid Preston who I almost kissed. I haven't seen him since and he hasn't been over to the house to work on flooring. I think my mom told him not to come because Noah was here and she can't have anyone in his way.

It was Wednesday now. The week was halfway over and I couldn't be more relieved because Noah was going home soon. It sucked being fake but I looked like a coward trying to avoid him when he was staying in my house. We talked during meals and after dinner but mostly about what has changed with our lives since being together. I really think he has changed or is trying to but I'm still not sure. I see his phone light up all the time but I never got a chance to be nosy and see who it was. He was definitely acting more mature though. It could just be a cover up too.

I walked downstairs at 10 in the morning to get my morning coffee, remembering to put on my flip flops before stepping on the kitchen floor. When I went downstairs though, I found Noah working on sanding down the wall and Preston working on the floor. What surprised me was that they were talking. I quickly hid back on the stairs and sat down on the second step.

"So how is she?" I heard Noah ask.

"She's great. Really likes to keep to herself though." Preston answered and I knew they were talking about me.

"I'm talking about the sex, man." There is my answer for Noah and his recent changes: he hasn't had any.

"We just got together."

"So? We had sex the first day we met. And let me tell you, she wasn't that good." My mouth fell open as I heard this. First of all, we had sex three weeks after we met and he said I was amazing. He's such a liar.

"Well thanks for the warning but I don't appreciate you talking about her to me like that." Preston was defending me?

"Sorry. Just helping a brother out."

"By warning me about my girlfriend?" I didn't hear anything after that. "Didn't you cheat on her with four other girls?"

"We weren't really in a relationship but she kept saying we were." He totally asked me to be his girlfriend. We were supposed to be in a relationship.

"Still doesn't mean you can talk to that many girls when you know how one feels about you." Wait but Preston sleeps with different girls all the time. They're both being liars right now.

"I guess you're right. Hope you guys don't ever break up because I will be taking her quick."

"Highly unlikely."

"We'll see. I know her and I know her type."

"Are you saying I'm not her type?" I heard something hit the floor.

"No but I know she wants me back. She even said so herself."

"What?" I could hear him getting angry.

"We were hanging out in her room and she just said it to me then kissed me." I think Noah knew how to push Preston's buttons and was trying to right now.

I got up from the stairs to see Preston walking over to Noah with rage. I ran in front of him to try to stop him but his focus was set on Noah.