Chapter 17

I felt someone shake me as I woke up from my nap, seeing my house in front of me. "How long was I out?"

"The entire ride." He got out of the truck.

"Perfect." I yawned as he opened my door. "Now to go to sleep in my bed." I got out of the truck and grabbed my bag from Preston, walking to the front door and unlocking it. I let him in first and he headed upstairs with the rest of my stuff as I followed him. We got into my bedroom and he dropped my stuff on the floor, taking off his shoes and shirt and got into my bed. I did the same and grabbed his shirt, putting it on and crawling into bed next to him.

"You know," He paused. "Since I'm still trying to move out of my house and your parents are leaving after the summer, what if we got a place together?"

I looked at him. "Do you think it's too soon?"

"Of course not. Do you?"

I looked at him and he knew by my face of my answer. He sat up and that forced me to sit up with him. I knew he was upset by my answer. "I would love to live with you."

"But."

"But it's too soon. I'll decide when the end of summer is closer."

He didn't speak for a few seconds. "You're not wanting to move back to Atlanta?"

"No. This is where I want to be." I kissed his forehead.

He looked at me with a long stare. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't it be?"

"There's nothing for you here. There's so many things in Atlanta-"

"Atlanta has everything I don't want. I want the ocean, the small town cafes, and," I paused. "You."

"When will there ever be a moment when I don't stop falling in love with you." He smiled and put his hand on my cheek, pecking my lips.

"There will never be because I'm just that amazing." I smirked and rolled his eyes, laying back down on the bed.

"I'm only serious for two seconds of my life and you had to ruin it." He threw his hands up in frustration.

"Well the times you are serious are when I'm not." I laid my head on his chest.

"Well crazy, let's go to sleep." He put his hand in my hair and he knew that would make me fall asleep instantly. He probably didn't want to hear me talking anymore.

*******

I walked into the building and the air conditioner instantly made the hair on my skin rise.

"Ms. Zanger, welcome to Webster University." I shook a woman's hand and she led me into an office. "Please have a seat while I go grab some papers."

She left the room and I pulled out my phone, seeing a message from my mom asking me where I was. I ignored it and put it back in my pocket as the woman walked in. She sat at the desk and laid the papers in front of her.

"So you're interested in attending Webster. Our application deadline was May 1st for freshman which means I can't get you in until spring semester. However, there is a community college here that will accept you right now for fall semester. I personally believe it's a better option money wise. Especially considering that you will be on your own soon."

"To be completely honest, I'm not sure if I want to attend college yet." I picked at my nails under the desk.

"Well," She picked up my transcript. "Your grades were excellent in high school. I don't think you should let this intelligence go to waste."