Chapter 10: Crossed Lines

This is Janu's POV.

I spent the weekend at Murat's abim* place. They offered me the guest bedroom.

Toda, I woke up by Fajir Namaz*, prayed, then laid back in bed wide awake. I was too tired to work this Monday morning.

I stayed in bed waiting for my angel to wake me up. I waited to hear her little quick footsteps on the wooden floor all the way to the guest bedroom.

When Melek finally came in I closed my eyes, acting asleep. She climbed into the bed and started kissing me as she said "Uyan, uyan* JanJan."

That's what she calls me JanJan.

I suddenly wrapped my hands around her and threw her into her back and started kissing and tickling her.

She shrieked due to my sudden movement then started to laugh.

"MELEK! Hadi gel*. Let's leave Janu teyze* get dressed." Said Nuriya walking into the room.

I left Melek off the bed and into the floor.

"I have nothing to wear to work. Allahum*!!!' I exclaimed as I moved into my feet 'I have to run back home."

"Tamam canım* take something from my closet and return it later on. It will give us the chance to see you again right Melek." Nuriya said with a smile.

"Ama..." I started.

"Uzatma*, sen benim ablasin*." She pressed back.

"Tamam." I finally gave in.

I sat in his office in a emrald green dress and nude heels.

Nuriya had a more of a smaller figure when compared to mine, so the dress was a little tighter than my liking. It hugged my curves closely. It took me some time to find this dress I needed something that looked good but professional but mostly good on me.

At last, Nikola walked into his office with the hugest smirk ever.

The annoying squirrel.

He looked slightly different from last week, but I couldn't quite tell what was it. May be the exhaustion that his face wore that mirrored mine. This case is taking a toll on us, both of us.

He asked me what to drink and when I said coffee he switched it into tea.

When I informed him I will drink what I want.

Nikola waited on his secretary to leave the room then he went for it, attacking me. He walked straight to were I stood, sending me back crumbling into the chair.

Damn this chair! Damn this tight dress! And damn my body that never knows how to handle his jerks and all of him!!!!!

"I won't touch your drink, if I didn't knew that you prefer tea later during the day. You drink coffee in the morning and another cup in the afternoon. Nasıl?!"* He replied with a smirk.

How did he even know that?!!!!!!

JANU FOCUS, THIS IS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE TODAY.

I shook off that thought as his face was only inches away from mine. I breathed heavily as he tilted his head slightly in a fake innocent way.

The arrogant squirrel.

I finally told him to get off me, acting disgusted and all. I felt my heart will burst out of my rib cage if he kept up his gentle attack.

Nikola finally moved away taking his own seat opposite to me. He gave me a small gesture to go on.

I collected myself as I asked the question I was here for "Why did you leave criminal law two years a go?!"