Chapter 22: New Beginnings

Welcome back.

Last chapter was everything!

One of my favourites.

Let's jump in.

*Headphones on STOP

Put your shades on flip your hair to the side.

Throw that bag over your shoulder.

Take a step forward, into the hustle outside.

Tap your feet to the beat.

And walk ahead.

Ignore all the idiots looking at you wondering "Are you crazy?!"

HAHAHAHA Well, I am fully covered, I am already medically diagnosed as a crazy person.

But I don't know about your excuse.

What with idiot watching me closely?!

I will ignore you and keep up with my beat. Yup he is shaking his head at me. He was standing leaning back against a car with hands in his jeans pockets.

Hair flip, for you specifically for watching and judging me.

I walked up at him, banging my head slightly to the sick beat. "YO. Dude where can I find a cab?!" I asked him.

He kept shaking his head then started laughing at me. "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" I sang as I dropped my suitcase at his feet. I started dancing "JUST A LITTLE BIT OF RESPECT" I started moving my hand right in front of his face, dancing. But honestly I was only doing that to tease him.

And he yanked the headphones out of my ears. "*AYE" I said rubbing my ears and pouting at him.

"DUDE *NE?! *BEN SENIN KARDEŞIN MAYMUN?!"

"Hhaahah.' I started to laugh 'good to see you."

I swayed my body still dancing to the beat playing in my head.

He outstretched his arms, pulling me into a tight hug. He lifted my feet of the ground as he started to shout from the tops of his lungs "IT IS GOOD TO HAVE MY NIKO BACK, *CANIM BENIM, ABIM."

"*Yavaş." I said in between laughs.

*

(36 hours earlier)

I laid my cheek upon my hand, watching while Hayat Teyzem and Luka argued who will be holding the phone. They kept pulling the phone shaking it slightly, making me smile to myself. They seemed like two kids fighting over their favorite toy.

We were facetiming.

"I will talk to him first."

"Well he is benim abi."

"And he is benim *oğlum, right Niko?!"

Oh no.

"*Evet. *Ama I love both....."

"*Bak" she said ending the argument. "Oğlum, how have you been?! Are you eating well. Niko when are you coming back?!" She asked. "I am fine and to rest your mind I have gained 7 kilograms.' I smiled at her before adding 'I am not sure yet. May be after a month or three." I answered. "NE?! NE ONE MONTH?! You have been away for a over year now. Hadi come back."

"It is not up to me." I half-lied.

Evet, I have been here for over a year. I checked out of my rehabilitation center around 4-5 months ago. But I stayed. I reached out to my older friends, my college colleagues to be exact. I attended their trials with them, my main focus was criminal trials. I witnessed everything, literally everything that can come up into your mind. I helped them out, when they asked for my opinion, but for the most part I sat back and watched how everything went. It was good, I learned a lot. And my therapist advised me to do so, because I discussed with her the possibility of me going back to criminal law. So yeah baby steps.