Chapter 28: Warmer

We turned around the corner.

And there were Eve standing right next to Noah on the sidewalk. He had his car parked opposite to the apartment complex.

Allahim so not in the mood for an interrogation

"That complex building, right?!" Nikola asked.
"Evet." I confirmed.
The car drove slowly up the street.
"Bedaka. Stop right here." I demanded.
"Neyke?!" Nikola asked puzzled by my behaviour.
"I want to walk."
"Ne walking?! I will now drive you nicely to your building, then walk you up to your apartment."
"Gerek yok." I said putting my hand up.
"Yok, yok I insist my mother raised a gentleman in me." He pushed back.
"Well I don't want you too." I said as I kept my eyes on Eve and Noah.
Hayir hayir hayir
"Ama neden?! Are you trying to hide something?!"
"Yoh"
Evet sensin.

He looked over at me. I looked back at him. My head was turned in his direction, but my eyes were fixed laterally at them.

"Bedaka this person." He said as he pushed hard on the breaks, making my body propel forward in the process.

"Yavas' I said annoyed.

"Tamam. Hadi bye, bye." I said as I unfastened my seatbelt and turned to open the door.

But he was faster than I was.

I heard the door's lock, just when my hand went to open the door.

"Kim bu?!"
"Eve" I said with my hand still on the handle.

"Beliyorum. I am talking about the blonde next to her. Oh I get it now, you don't want him to meet me."

More like the other way around

"Hayir that's just Noah.' I turned around to him, letting go of the handle 'A friend from college."
"How many are they?!"
"Ne?!" I asked bewildered.
"Yok be se" he replied as he started to slowly drive up to them.
"Tamam here is good." I said as he was a few meters away from them.
"Yoh benge it is not." He said as he pulled over exactly behind Noah's car.
"Tamam tesskeler. I will see you tomorrow. Tamam. Hadi bye bye." I said as I threw my body into the backseat to fish for my things.
He stayed put.
Then to my utter surprise I heard the click from his unfastened seatbelt.

No please don't.

Nikola went ahead and opened his door.

I hung my head down in defeat, before snatching my bag and robes and returning into my seat.

I watched as Nikola turned around the car, approaching my friends.

"Salam." he said once he approached them.

"Salam" Eve replied.

I knew from her tone she was excited, shocked, and with a thousand questions.

Nikola was standing with his back in front of my window, blocking Eve and Noah away from sight.

I let out an exhale, shaking my head, before opening my door.

It was locked!

I banged over the window, making Nikola turn back at me "Ne?!"

"Why is it locked?!" I asked.

He shrugged back at me before saying "Open it from inside."

"Buvarda I am Nikola." he introduced himself.

"I am Eve." she replied as she put her hand out for Nikola's outstretched hand, to shake it.

I finally stepped out of the car, while Noah went "Noah" and shook Nikola's hand.