Chapter 31: Outcast

Hello welcome back my friend!

***

I followed my client inside, closing the door behind me blocking some of the dry autumn air outside.

I found myself walking into a small living room. In the center of the living room was an old lady, sitting in a rocking chair knitting what seemed like a thick winter sweeter. She was facing the windows that overlooked the view outside, I watched Nikola's car backing up and driving away.

"*Annem this is Janu my friend."

Weird!!!!

"Alsalam alaykoom." I greeted the old lady.

I bent down to her level to kiss her cheek.

"W alaykoom salam. *Kiz serve your guest some tea."

"*Hayir *teyzem, *hiç gerek yok." I said back smiling.

"*Sen sus. *Kizim go pour a cup of tea." 

My client looked down at the old distressed carpet, avoiding my gaze and weak smile.

I fell silent as my client disappeared into what seems to be the kitchen.

"*Özel derim the house is too cold for a girl like you. You seem to be from one of those posh houses in the center of town."

"*Yok teyzem I am good vAllahi I am."

The old lady went on, it seemed like she was not hearing me at all. 

"No one ever comes to visit her. So I won't let you go easily. Do visit her and come as often as you want, tamam."

"*Tamam." I said back smiling.

"No one seems to want to do with my girl after that dreadful incident. Everyone acted as if it was my angel's fault, when it really wasn't. It was the deed of that sick man."

I blinked at her words, losing mine in the process.

Just then my client walked out of the kitchen, she pushed the cup of tea into my hand, embarrassed but what have been said.

"Teyzam excuse us, I need to speak to Cagla privately. I need to discuss a personal matter with her."

"*Tamam kizim. Don't forget what you promised me."

I nodded at the old lady before exiting the tinny living room.

Cagla walked a narrow passageway,which led up to a scratched wooden door. She pushed the door open revealing a tinny bedroom.

She looked around the room, uncertain where shall I sit.

"Tamam. *Burda." I said placing my cup of tea on the small dresser, motioning the small wooden chair.

"No that is not comfortable."

"Tamam stop worrying." I smiled at her.

I took her by the arm then pushed her down by the shoulders to sit on the bed.

I pulled the little chair and sat opposite to her.