Chapter 34: Crossroads

Janu POV:

The old lady placed our cups of tea on the table, before handing the bill over to Nikola.

"Can you please split it in half?!" Nikola requested as he held the bill up to her.

The old lady and I exchanged a surprised look.

"She doesn't like it when I pay her bill." Nikola stated without bothering to look at me.

"Tamam I can pay it myself." I said annoyed, pulling the bill from his hand.

"Hayir I will pay half of it." he said flatly, still not looking at me.

This was an absolute torture, he had his entire meal without looking at me, not even once.

And now this.

"Tamam here." I said sliding the bill up the table towards him.

As I withdrew my hand back, I slammed the tea cup spilling it on my blouse.

I pulled the shirt off my chest as I stood up shouting "Allah kahretsin. Aaaaaaahhhhhh."

Nikola got up from his seat knocking his chair back in the process, then he started to shout "Aptal. Can't you be more careful?!"

The old said something but I couldn't hear it as I shouted retorted back, shouting "Sana ne?!"

"Watch your tone' he threatened 'go wash up."

I sneered at him before following the old lady into the washroom.

"Ouuffff ya Jnau. What kind of day is this?!" I mumbled as I dried my blouse with toilet papers, leaving remnants of tissue behind.

I balled the toilet paper, I threw it aiming at the trash can.

But I missed it by a feet or two.

I lifted my head letting out a moan of despair. "Aahhhhh"

I walked over to where the soggy ball fell. I picked it up, then threw it into the trashcan.

"AAHHHHH" I let out a shriek when I left the washroom.

I was startled by a figure standing exactly next to the washroom door.

"No need for all of that excitement at seeing me." Nikola said flatly looking ahead.

He was standing there with his left hand flexed holding a black sweeter.

"Ne bu?!" I questioned.

"It might be a wedding dress, but am not quite sure." he said sarcastically with a neutral unbothered expression.

He was still not looking at me.

"Hahahah not funny."

"Well am not the one asking what a sweeter is in here." he stated smirking to himself.

I licked my lips trying to hold back from choking him with that sweeter.

"I don't want it." I responded.

I took a step forward, but he also took one blocking my way.

"Move out of my way." I ordered.

"You are already sick. Wear it." he demanded as he pushed it into my hands.

"Bedaka bedaka sana ne? Who are you to me?!"

I was fuming at this point.

His eyes snapped in my direction "Ja-Noo"