Chapter 26: Seker Kup

Janu POV

I smiled at the waiter as he served me my cup of tea "*Tesekkurler".

"*Afiyet olsun" he smiled back to me.

I looked ahead at Nikola. He was leaning on his left elbow, his fingers covering his mouth and his thumb supporting his jaw. He was closely watching me, and from the right corner of his lips I could see that he was smiling.

"*Ne?!" I shook my head at him.

He nodded as he softly blinked "*Bosver".

The waiter finally placed his cup on the table, before walking away.
Nikola stretched his hand across the table, reaching for the sugar container in-between our cups of tea.He removed the lead, placing it on the table. Then he picked one cube and held it up."A *seker kup, in a coffee break." he said looking at the cube he was holding.

I wonder how one sugar cube brought me to him and he to me?!

He smirked at it, which made me take a deep breath in response.

I wonder how does that cube resist melting in his hands?! I swallowed hard.

His eyes snapped suddenly in my direction, making me choke on my breath.

I started to cough, covering my mouth with my hand. Allahim did I say that out aloud?! Did hear that?!

"*Nefes al, nefes al." Nikola said smiling.

He was smiling, not smirking. A sweet genuine smile was perfectly drawn on his face. I kept coughing for some time, trying to clear my airway.

"*Iyi misin?!" he asked.

"*Iyi." I said as I took a deep breath.

"So I at last get to put it into your cup." he announced, as he moved his hand closer to my cup.
"*Evet ya. How may years did that take you?!" I asked teasingly.

"*Bak bak Janu hanim.' he raised an eyebrow at me 'So how many cubes do you take?!" he asked as he moved cube towards my cup's direction.

"None." I declared shaking my head at him.

His gaze hastily shifted from the cup up to my face. Nikola interlocked his eyes onto mine. His intense stare sent a wave of heat from my face down to my entire body, making me let out a shaky breath. My reaction, satisfied Nikola as he smirked smugly to me. His stare shouted 'Don't try teaching me what I already know'.

I looked down, away from his face, at my cup. I watched as his long fingers slowly opened and dropped the cube into my cup, making the coffee rise beyond the cup's rim. My eyes stayed, transfixed on the cup for some time.

I swallowed hard, before I finally looked back at him. He was slightly leaning forward, against the table with his right forearm over the left. He was watching me carefully.

I licked my lips then a took a deep breath."So...........' my voice broke, I cleared my throat 'it is my turn now."

"Buyrun" he said.

He pushed his cup into my direction, before leaning back into his chair.

"In my opinion you shall drink it without seker." I declared.

I pushed his cup back towards him.

He looked at me smiling, then shrugged at me "*Neden olmus?!"

Nikola pushed his body off the chair. He kept his eyes on me, as he picked up the cup.

"I usually take my tea like yours." he announced, pointing at my cup.

A fresh breeze of air lightly blew by, blowing the little curls on the top of his head down his forehead. But he ignored that. He kept his eyes fixed on me, he smiled against the cup before taking his first sip.