Chapter 3

With my headphone on with my favourite music playing on, I just went with the flow, the high mountains, the cold gentle wind made me feel peace within. I was in  my own world, it felt like I was home.

How everything changed, my life was never so happening! Now if  I want I could have written my own book and trust me it would have been a prominent story.

I moved my eyes from those extraordinary scenery to those crazy souls who were enjoying the trip so very much, they were dancing on the item numbers, a small smile passed on my lips seeing then dancing like jangaliiis some shaking their body like zombies some banging theirs heads.

"Nandini come and join us na" I turned my head towards Abhimanyu who was standing beside my seat in the bus.

"Uhh! I..I'm tired" I said hesitantly not knowing how to reject, all these ten years I was never into making friends or enjoying like they were. I was always busy in studies, even in college no one liked being, or shall I say I never preferred spending time with anyone other than my books.

Because I'm boring, I can't do such things, I can never have fun and I know that, I simply didn't want to spoil their mood.

"come na you'll have fun" I smiled uncomfortably not knowing what to reply, that's when I heard Manik

"She said that she doesn't want to join, you don't worry I'm here, I won't let her be bored." he said as he sat beside me, giving a fake smile to Abhimanyu.

I don't know what was his problem with Abhimanyu, since the time we reached here. He is so rude to him and just him. I always thought that Mukti and Manik were good friends then why such behavior with Abhimanyu who happens to be his friend's husband.

As Abhimanyu left he looked toward me saying "hey"

"hi" I replied with a smile.

"so! Why didn't you join us?" he asked.

"don't know, I just didn't feel like it and more over I have lots to do" I said showing him the book in my hand that happen to be my course book.

I was supposed to make some notes before I join hospital and here I'm going on this trip just because of my mom. Sigh.....

"gosh! Don't tell me tum iss trip par bhi padhne waali ho" he said noding his head in disbelief.

"Manik! The way you like making music, I like studying and I don't think there's anything wrong with that" I said making him smile looking at me.

"Ahh Waise" I said breaking the eye lock.

"why do you hate Abhimanyu?" I asked with my eye brow raised up.

"when did I say that that I hate him" he said unable to make the eye contact.

I looked at him teasingly, after some seconds he asked cutely looking at my expression "did I make it too obvious?"

I couldn't help but chuckle at his cuteness, noding my head in a yes.

"I don't hate him, it's just that I don't like him" he said sighing deeply.

"but why"

"Mukti ke wajah se" he said making me look at him confusingly. "I didn't want Mukti to marry him, you know he was not the best for her. I was never that close to her that I could interfere in her decisions. But She being one of my friends, I wanted the best for her. And he..he is an orphan and more over has no money, he can never keep her happy. You know she works so hard because of that"

"Manik! Udhar Dekho Ek baar" I said pointing towards Mukti and Abhimanyu, who were laughing together dancing crazily. "do you really think that she is not happy?"