Chapter 4

"Nandini!" Manik said knocking on the door of her room where she was busy tidying her room.

"Manik! Ya come in" she said facing him.

"Woh we were going to school, I heard that you refused to go" he said entering inside. "Everyone's going Cabir, Alya, Dhruv, Abhi, Navya, Mukti"

"Manik! I have some work to do" she said with a smile.

"come on na! Don't be a spoilt sport, you'll love it. School wapas jaa kar bohot acha lagega"

"but.."

"no but, you're coming that's it"

"Manik!" she said trying to convince him but he came ahead and held her hand dragging her with him.

-------------------------

"Alya! What's wrong?" Mukti said standing behind Alya who was standing in front of mirror getting ready.

"nothing" she replied trying to avoid the eye contact.

"Alya! Dhruv told me everything" she said making her turn around holding her hand.

"Why didn't you tell me anything?"

"Mukti! for so many years we had no contact, So, it's just a bit awkward to share something so personal"

"awkwardness! Between us? Alya we used to be soulies" she said holding both of her hands.

"we used to be Mukti! I guess the time and distance played a troll on us" she replied looking down.

Mukti simply hugged her mouthing "sorry" while Alya also apologised to her.

-------------------------

All were on their way to the school walking down the lane from the cottage.

Mukti and Abhi were busy in their own land doing their PDA. While Alya was walking all alone and Dhruv, he was sad seeing her that way. Seeing Alya, Mukti went towards her throwing her arms around her neck, making her smile slightly.

Cabir, Manik, Navya were walking together with Abeer in Navya's arms. While Nandini was walking a bit behind them busy on her phone, reading some article on some disease.

Manik sighed seeing her walking behind, walking closer to her, he took her phone and thrusted it in his pocket making her confused for a second.

"Manik! What are you doing? I was reading an article" she said trying to take her phone out but he blocked her hands saying "nah I'm not giving that to you, kitna padhogi Ms Scholar"

"Chalo ab" he said holding her hand dragging him who was standing there pouting angrily with her hands folding around her chest.

"you can't always force me" she said rudely freeing her hand from his hold.

"fine!" saying so he walked away handling her phone back to her.

She huffed angrily looking at him, but Abeer caught her attention who was in Navya's arms. He was about to cry due to the hot atmosphere while Navya was busy talking with Cabir.

Nandini started making funny faces to make him smile, he instantly giggled, jumping in Navya's stretching his hands, showing that he wanted to go to her.

Abeer's movement caught Navya's attention, realising that he wanted to go to Nandini. She smiled at her and handled him to her happily.

Nandini smiled to the fullest playing with the baby while even he was giving his toothy smile.

But there was one person who was the happiest and that was Manik. Though he was angry on her for her behavior, but her smile made his heart skip a beat.