Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter 22

-;-Sam's POV-;-

"Flight 843, Atlanta, now boarding." the speaker announced. 

Sara and I picked up our carry-on and made our way to the gate. 

"I can't wait to see the boys!" Sara squealed. "I miss Nialler." 

"Don't worry, a little more than 12 hours and you'll see him again." I smiled over at the love-struck teen. We boarded the plane, and after what seemed to be minutes, I was out like a light.

~*~

Screams. 

Sirens.

Shaking.

Crying.

I opened my eyes to one of the most horrific sights. Everyone crouched down, their arms over their heads. Men protecting women. Children crying for their family. Flight attendants frantically running around. Sirens blaring, red lights flashing. 

I looked out the window and saw the ocean becoming nearer with every second. 

The plane was about to crash into the Atlantic Ocean. 

All these people are about to die. 

Sara's about to die. 

...I'm about to die. 

I removed my stare from the window to Sara. She was in complete panic mode. Tears were running down her face, she was shaking terribly. She let out a huge scream, louder than the entire group of passengers. I quickly grabbed her and ducked behind the seats, holding her to me. 

For some reason I couldn't remove my glare from the window. Watching the ocean get closer every second. I glanced around the cabin, groups of people huddled together. Then there was something that caught my eye. 

A small girl, maybe 5 years old, was sobbing in the corner. She was alone, no family, no friends, nothing. I hurriedly scooped her up and brought her to Sara and I. I placed her between us, but her arms never left my neck. 

I looked once more out the window, it would be any second now that we would plumet into the depths of the ocean. 

"If we could only have this life

For one more day

If we could only turn back time"  I began to sing. Sara caught on and joined me quietly.

"You know I’ll be

Your life

Your voice

Your reason to be

My love

My heart

Is breathing for this

Moment

In time

I’ll find the words to say

Before you leave me today." 

I stopped. The screams and crying ceased. Everybody had stopped to listen, to sing along. But most of all to say their final goodbyes to their loved ones. The small girl that sat between Sara and I was silent. She looked up at us, tears in her eyes. She held on to me tight, and I kissed her cheek lightly.