Lost Love

About a year ago Eugene Lee Yang broke off his relationship with Zach Kornfeld. Eugene's heart just wasn't in the relationship anymore, even though Zach's was.

Well, a year had passed and Eugene moved on to find a new boyfriend, Keith Habersbereger. They started dating about three months after Zach left the picture.

Zach had continued moping about how he lost Eugene to his friends, Steven and Kuwilileni. They told him that he needed to find a new love interest, but Zach couldn't imagine himself with anyone but Eugene.

By the sixth month that Eugene and Keith had started dating, Keith had already moved in. He moved into the same house Zach and Eugene had lived in before. Things were getting serious between Eugene and Keith.

  A while after Keith had moved in, Ned had come knocking at their door with suitcases in hand.

  "What happened?" Keith asked concerned.

  "Ariel and I are getting divorced. She kicked me out. Can I crash here for a bit?" Ned explained pitifully.

  "Sure, come on in." Keith said.

Because Ned and Eugene were best friends, there was no way that Ned would be turned away. And the fact that Ariel had left would, would just break his heart.

"What happened?" Eugene asked, comforting his friend.

"I'm not sure. I guess after all the stress or something. I mean, I guess if David and Liza couldn't make it... love just isn't real." Ned sighed. "You should know what I mean." He said, looking at Eugene.

  "Why?" He asked, astonished.

  "Well, what happened with Zach and you. I mean, that was love." Ned said.

  Bringing up Zach was always an uncomfortable subject with Keith. Keith just didn't want to feel like the rebound guy.

  "Zach and I were not in love, and that's why it ended." Eugene said, locking eyes with Keith. "Keith and I are in love."