Innocence

Eugene got a call a few days after receiving the package from Ryan at the police station. Ryan told him everything that had happened with Steven. How they thought they had a trail, we getting closer. Ryan led Eugene through all of the details of the questioning and the lie detector and Zach defending him, up until the ping that Shane and Ryan didn't  have enough evidence to convict Steven of any crimes.

  Eugene would have to live with that. He have to live with the fact that Keith's and Ned's murderers were still out there. And the fact that the murderer could come for him next.

  After staying home day after day and waiting for news, this was not what he wanted to hear. It just made him more depressed. He stayed home all day and watched home videos they had all made. He smiled a bit, until he realized he was still alone.

  Eugene was interrupted by a sudden knock at the door. He took a deep breath and expected the worst. But when he opens the door he saw a familiar face. Zach Kornfeld.

"What are you doing here?" He grumbled.

"I'm sorry Eugene." He spoke quietly.

"Sorry for what?" Eugene asked in an unchanging tone.

"What happened between us." Zach said, looking at him with remorseful eyes.

"Don't worry about it. I've had plenty of distractions." He muttered.

"I'm sorry about that too." Zach sighed.

"Don't be." Eugene said, no explanation why. "Just go." Eugene pushed away.

Zach nodded without another word. He climbed back into his car, gave Eugene one last look before driving off for good, Never to be heard from again.