Chapter 3

**FOUR YEARS LATER**

              My red heels clicked on the shiny tiled floor of my new work place. Since I just graduated from college, I didn't have any work experience. I was pretty nervous about my new job. I did my major in chartered accounting, and I was pretty good at it. So I applied for a job in an accounting firm , which I thankfully got. After I was done with high school, moving out of my parents' house was pretty hard. Being the only daughter, I was pretty loved by everyone and I should better not speak about my big brother's over-protectiveness.

              My navy blue pencil skirt clung perfectly to my hips making my curve more defined with the grey shirt that complimented my look. The dark, brown belt hanged loosely on my hips.  My light brown hair was pulled up in a high ponytail. I tried to be well-dressed for my first day. Although I was a little nervous, I tried my best to not show it.  I walked to the receptionist who looked at me with an irritated frown. Wow, someone is clearly not having a good day.

               "And how may I help you?" She raised her one perfectly plucked eyebrow.

                 I cleared my throat and said, "Well, I believe I was called to start my first day today. So can you please tell me where to go and what to do?" I asked with the most polite smile I could muster.

                 "Just go to the second floor, then turn left from the first corridor. The first room is our boss's room and you need to meet him first since you are his personal assistant." She answered me in a monotone and then continued her job in her computer.

                 I nervously walked to the elevators which led me to the second floor. When I stood in front of the room I was addressed to, I took a moment to calm my nerves down and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I waited a moment then entered after I heard a muffled response.

                  The office was really big, with a bar at one corner. The floor to ceiling window showed an amazing sight. The desk was piled with numerous files and different a bunch of stationary. Clearly, my boss was one messy man. Despite the messy state of the room, it was rather well furnished. On one of the two single couches, a man sat with his head down and most probably checking the file on his hand. I cleared my throat to get his attention and regretted doing it immediately. I nearly fainted when he looked up and my green eyes clashed with his brown ones. Slowly he stood up and my heart kept skipping a beat.

                He was still the same. Totally hot. His brown hair fell over his face. The black suit fitted his body perfectly, giving a hint of his muscular body. The top two buttons of his white shirt were left open, showing a bit of his well chiseled chest. He seemed pretty tall, probably six and a three foot. His mouth was dropped open and shock was clear in his brown eyes. What surprised me the most was not only the fact that this was a hot piece of meat, but also the fact that he was Zach. Zachary Anderson!

                   Freaking Hell! Out of all people in this shithole of a world, Zach needed to be my freaking employer!But how the heck was it possible? He studied psychology and last I checked he was in America, not London! Seriously?! Was it necessary for my boss to be my first and only love and the closest thing I ever had as a boyfriend? He still looked the same, just a little more mature. I knew that I would be able to recognize him anywhere because his picture was the only thing that kept me moving for the last four years.

                   "Alex" he breathed out in a deep voice- so quietly as if he was scared that I would vanish in thin air. He slowly stood up from the couch, the file was held tightly in his hand.

                   My mouth opened and closed on its own accord. I was unable to form any reply. Suddenly the look of relief, happiness and probably love in his eyes changed to anger, betrayal and sadness. Zach narrowed his eyes at me. Tears welled up in my eyes. I tried my best not to break down in the middle of my first day, but it was hard. I nearly lost all hope of ever seeing him and I tried to bury all my feelings for him deep inside of me four years before, but it was IMPOSSIBLE. I never forgot a thing about him as much as I tried to. And I knew that I still loved him that much, if not more.