Chapter 4

The day dragged on and on. All I wanted to do was go to my lovely apartment and sleep all day. Since it was my first day, I didn't have much to work on. All I did was take calls for Lucas and made appointments with his clients. Everyone was really supportive. Emma, Travis, Seth and Ben were the only young colleagues I had. They were all really funny and talkative, except Seth. He was more on the quiet side. During lunch, they all came and took me to the cafeteria. I saw Lucas twice while he was passing by my cabin, and both times he either smiled or winked. I tell you, he was the biggest flirt!

Finally when I was able to leave, Lucas offered me a ride to my place since it was raining outside. I didn't want to get wet in the rain after such a hectic day, so I accepted his offer. Lucas owned a black SUV, which was obviously brand new. The car ride was mostly silent; the only sound was coming from the blaring radio. I desperately wanted to ask Lucas how he knew Zach, although I knew that it was somehow related to Lucas's grandma since Zach brought her report today. Gathering all my courage, I finally broke the silence.

"Sir--" I started but was cut off by him immediately.

"Lucas." He said with a smile and gave me a quick glance.

"Huh?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Call me Lucas. After all you are my PA." He quickly flashed me a wide grin before turning his eyes on the road again.

"Oh. So well I was asking why was that guy, Zach, in your office? I mean how do you know him?" My voice was low, scared that he might scold me for breaching his privacy.

"You know Zach?" His voice was full of surprise.

"Umm... yeah, kind of." I nervously fiddled with my fingers and bit my lips.

"Okay then. He is just my college friend, actually my best friend. And he is also my grandma's doc." He said without glancing at me.

"Oh. Okay. Turn left." I gestured towards my apartment street.

He stopped in front of my apartment after I pointed it out. I muttered a polite 'Thank You' and was going out of the car when he took my hand to stop me. I turned towards him to see that he had a small smile on his face. I was a little uncomfortable because no guy has ever held my hand or anything intimate. Hell!! I was not even kissed once in my 22 years of existence!!! I shook my head lightly to clear my thoughts then looked at Lucas again.

"So can I pick you up at 8?" He looked at me with wide, expectant eyes. For a moment, I was confused, but then I remembered that we were supposed to go out today.

"Yeah. But where are we going?"

"My place. I am having a party tonight and mostly every young ones in my office plus a few of my friends are invited. Since you are new, I thought it would be a great chance for you to make friends." Another grin found its way to his face, showing off his extra white teeth.

I nodded slightly in agreement then flashed him a smile before getting out of the car and closing the door behind me. He drove away, but not before winking at me one last time. I ran up the stairs to my place as fast as my legs would allow, wanting to just throw myself on my bed for a while. After fumbling with the keys for a few moments, I was able to open my door. Taking off the painful high heels I scurried to my room and fell face first on the bed. I sighed loudly then turned around to face the plain white ceiling.

I replayed all the events that happened today. When I woke up this morning, I didn't think that my receptionist would be so rude. I didn't that I would meet him. I didn't think that he would be mad at me. I didn't think that my boss would be such a big flirt. I didn't think that my feelings for him would resurface. And I, sure as hell, didn't think that I was going to a party where he would be present.

"Shit!" I cursed when I remembered that I didn't even ask Rhea and Shay to help me get ready today.

I quickly took out my mobile from my purse before texting both of my best friends to come and help me. After the message was delivered, I hastily ran to the shower. I took a quick shower before wrapping a towel around my body and tiptoed hurriedly to my room. Just when I was done dressing into a pair of sweat pants and a tank top, the doorbell continuously ran, signaling the arrival of my two hyper friends. As soon as I opened the door, I was crushed between the two of them.

"Guys... you're... killing me..." I choked out somehow.

"Oopsies. Sorry!!" Rhea exclaimed and they both lamely laughed before loosening their grip and eventually letting go of me.

"Whatever. Now you guys need to help me. I have a party at my boss's place to attend. And I don't know what to do." I shrugged at them then walked back to my room. They both followed me and started to work their magic on me.

Rhea and Shay were my best friends since preschool. We all grew up together and mainly did everything together. They're my main chicks! Rhea was quiet with strangers but once you get to know her, she was one of the most awesome people in the Universe. She had the same features as me, brown hair and eyes but her hair shade was slightly darker. Rhea was really pretty and her love for the kids helped her job as a preschool teacher.

Although Shay was the flirty one, she was always really serious about her relationships. Her wavy blonde hair and bright blue eyes could make any guy weak at his knees. She was a little different than Rhea and I, but that's how she was extraordinary. Both of them knew all about Zach and they were also really helpful during the time when I was left broken after the Zach incident. I knew that I should tell them about Zach being in the party today, but I didn't know why I just kept it to myself. I thought it would be best to tell them later.

After two hours of makeup, hairstyle and dresses, finally I was ready wearing a long, orange dress with a long slit on the middle of my legs. It was simple yet elegant. My brown hair was pinned perfectly with the tips slightly curled. After a lot of argument, the only makeup I was wearing was a little blush on, eye liner with a bit of eye shadow and nude color lip gloss. Rhea gave me one of her simple gold bracelet which matched perfectly with the dress. The nude high heels made my legs look longer than a NYC skyscraper.

I thanked both the girls for their help and I knew that without them I wouldn't have looked half as pretty. Two minutes after their departure, the doorbell rang again. I stood my ground for a few moments, feeling nervous. Not because I was gonna meet new people, but because I was gonna meet a certain someone who was still new yet old to me. Did I really meet Zach today? Was Zach actually mad at me for leaving him that day? Mostly, did he still like me?

**********************************************************************

A/N: Ello guys!!! so i am back again!! whatever forget about me, and as usual i wanna thank you guys again, thank you so so soooo much!!

The dress on the side is the one Alex wore. sorry, but i am not good with descriptions.

See ya, Lovelies!!

XOXO