Chapter 7

The whole day I either scowled or frowned, and finally when I was allowed to go home, Lucas offered me a ride which I declined for the first time, much to his dismay. Since my first day, he always gave me a ride after work which I was quite thankful for.

               The security called for a taxi which drove me home. After the taxi drove away, I walked into my building and up to my small, but cozy apartment. I groaned as I kicked off my heels, the cold floor putting my feet at ease. I slumped on the large velvet couch in my living room. Instantly all the tiredness from today's work rushed in my veins.  I leant my head backwards and closed my eyes, thinking about the so-called love of my life. I wish I knew how he felt.

                   Days passed sooner than I thought. It felt as if time was running away, but those passing days didn't make me calm down. I was still angry at Zach, only him though. I couldn't believe he did that. Zach left me all confused and bothered on the street with a lingering question on my mind. What did he mean by those words? Didn't he say something like eka lis fi ah? UGH! Damn it. I couldn't even pronounce it. Why did I fall for someone like Zach? I could have fallen for someone more like Lucas. Although Mr. Hoffstader was a player and all, but at least he was easy to understand.

                   Anyway, I had a whole lot of work to do which I really needed to focus on. Sighing loudly, I turned back to my laptop and started working on it. All of a sudden, my office door burst open and Lucas strutted in and slumped casually on one of the chairs on the opposite side of my desk. He looked as if he didn't give a damn about anything and like he owned the office. Well technically he did own it, but still... whatever. I raised an eyebrow at him.

                  "So I wanted to ask you something. Want to go to a club tomorrow? Since tomorrow is Friday, we can party late. And don't worry, we aren't going alone." Lucas asked and smirked at me.

                 "I don't think it's possible. I have a lot of work to do and I already went to one of your parties a few weeks earlier. You already did a lot of things for me and I don't want to intrude." I smiled sheepishly at him.

                "Bullshit! I don't want any excuse. I'm your boss. You follow my orders. And yes it's an order. Moreover, we need to get along, even though we already do. You can do your work later. I was just asking you out of courtesy, but you definitely are coming, missy. Otherwise...." He trailed of after his ranting.

               "Ok fine, Mr. Boss! I will come." I laughed at his behavior. "I swear sometimes you behave more like a six year old than twenty-six. Now if I have your permission, may I continue with my work?"

               Lucas just mocked surrender at me, winked and then left the room. I shook my head at his antiques. Although he was all hot and charming, I considered him only as a friend or maybe another big brother. At least, this time I wouldn't have to fall in love with someone forbidden. During lunch break, my cellphone rang and I picked it up.

              "Hey girl! What's up?" the cheerful voice of my best friend, Rhea, came from the other line.

              "Nothing much. Just in the cafeteria for lunch. I miss you! Sorry that we couldn't meet up with you guys that day. I am just too busy with work." I said.

             "Yeah Yeah. I miss you too. And it's ok. After all this is your first job. We understand. Oh by the way, I was calling because we are thinking of actually meeting up this time. Shay misses you too. We're in desperate need of a girl's day! Just fix a date."

             "Ok will do. Bye. I gotta go. Lunch over. Love ya, babe."

             "Alright. Bye. See ya soon, Mother. " she joked and ended the call.

             Thursday passed and then half of Friday also passed rather quickly. On Friday night, I got dressed in a short floral skirt and brown tops, pairing it with my favorite ankle boots, a few of gold bangles and a locket.

                    Shortly, Lucas had arrived to pick me up

Shortly, Lucas had arrived to pick me up. We made small chats in the car on the way to a karaoke club. Later, I found myself on a stage later on, doing something completely unexpected. Oh, and did I mention that Zach was also there? Well, he was.

*********************************************************************

A/N: ELLOOOOO!! It feels good to finally start writing, again. You won't believe me, but I really missed you guys. I know I don't know you and all that, but I have a special relationship with all of you. Sorry, because I took too long to update. I will try to update as soon as possible. I know it's short, but I wanted to update soon. :P

Thank you again!

See ya, lovelies!!

Love ya all!

XOXO