03

I went to go pick up Noah from school today and I was moving as quick as possible. I walked into the classroom and picked Noah up and put him on my hip. "Hi mommy" he said excitedly
"hey baby" I replied with a smile. I started walking out the classroom and then felt a large hand on my shoulder. "Maya" a low husky voice said. I sighed out of annoyance and and turned around slowly.
"Hey" I said with a slight smile. I put Noah down and told him to go play.
"Do you remember me?" he said. His voice was sexy when we were 16 and it is just 1000 times better now.
"Of course I remember you" I said with a smile.
"But what I'm wondering is how the hell did fuckboy Friar become a elementary school teacher?" I asked with a giggle.
"I grew up" he said with a smile
"I stopped messing around with girls about 5 months after you left then moved out here 2 months ago for this job" I looked up at him and smiled "good." "Any way how's life?" He asked with a smile.
"Good, I've got Noah and that's about it" I looked over at Noah and he waved at me so I waved back.
"He's a sweet kid Maya, you did well" I blushed and smiled
"thank you"
"I know it's probably not my place to ask because we haven't spoken in 4 years but are you with his dad?" I looked down at my feet remembering that Lucas wasn't just a hot guy I met, but he is my sons dad.
"No I'm not with his dad, he's not a part of his life"
"oh I'm sorry" he said and put his hand on my shoulder.
"Don't worry about it" I smiled at him.

Once me and Lucas had finished our conversation I picked up Noah and we walked home from school. When we got home we watched Peter Pan because it was Noah's favourite movie and snuggled on the sofa until he fell asleep.
**********