04

Noah's been at St

Noah's been at St.Charles Elementary for 2 weeks now and I've been trying to avoid Lucas as much as possible.

I walked into Noah's classroom and saw him sitting on Lucas's lap at the front of the classroom almost crying. I was about to walk over there when I heard Lucas say something about Noah's dad.
"Do I have a daddy?" Noah asked and that made my heart break slightly.
"of course you do buddy" Lucas said.
"I'm the only kid in the class who doesn't have one" Noah said making me go all teary eyed
"hey, you have a daddy, I'm sorry that I don't know here he is but you have he most incredible mommy" Lucas aid
"how do you know my mommy?" Noah questioned, that's when Lucas looked up and saw me, I smiled at him
"I met your mommy when I was a teenager, I thought she was beautiful" I blushed slightly.
"she is beautiful" Noah replied with a smile.

I walked over and picked up Noah and put him on my hip.
"Hey baby, what's up?" I said almost crying because I hated seeing Noah upset.
"Nothing, I'm ok now mommy Lucas made it all better" he said as he hugged my neck.
"Thank you" I mouthed to Lucas whilst Noah was hugging me.
"Don't worry about it" he mouthed back. I picked up Noah's bag and carried him home.
*********
When me and Noah got home we had a little chat about his father. I explained to him that he might one day meet his dad but I wasn't sure quite yet when that was gonna be.

It was around 6:00 and Noah had dosed of on the sofa. Today was my last day on leave at work and I had to get something done before I went back. I work at an art museum, I help younger children who come in on school trips. 2 weeks ago I was told to paint or draw a couple things  that I could then teach the classes, I go back to work tomorrow and I had drawn one thing.

I put Noah to bed and then spent most of the night painting and drawing.
*************
I woke up the next morning and I was exhausted, I woke up and got Noah ready in a black superman t-shirt and jeans.

I showed up at the school looking like crap because I was still half asleep and saw about 4 woman all standing around Lucas giggling and keep on touching his chest and arms. It was funny watching other girls try and flirt with him because it was very obvious he wasn't interested.

Lucas spotted me and walked over, leaving the cluster of woman in confusion as to why he would leave them for a half asleep single mum that at the moment looks like crap. 

"Hey Maya, are you alright?" He asked seeming quite concerned. I didn't reply and just fell onto his chest. His arms wrapped around me loosely and I was just relaxing on him.
"I'm tired Huckleberry" I said and he started rubbing circles on my back.
"Go back to bed then" he said with a chuckle.
"You know that pack of woman over there are all flirting with you?" I said with a giggle and looked up at him still leaning on his chest.
"Yeah" he said and laughed slightly
"but I'm not interested"
"oh yeah?" I said with a smile
"and why's that? they are all very pretty young woman" he smiled and looked at me straight in the eye
"I know someone that's a thousand times better than all of them" I smiled at him and kissed his cheek quickly.

I walked away from Lucas and went to say bye to Noah
"bye baby have fun and behave for Lucas Okay?" Noah looked up at me with a smile
"Okay mommy I love you"
"I love you too" I replied and he kissed me on his head.
***************
I was walking home from the school and I was thinking about Lucas. I think I like him. Like, like him like him, but I can't, I can't get to close because then I won't have any choice and I'll have to tell him about Noah, and that will just ruin everything. Because I know that if it was the other round i wasn't told I had a kid I would pretty pissed off.

These thoughts were running through my head until I reached work. I loved working with all the kids so that kind of snapped me out of the argument that was going on in my head.
***********
When I went to pick Noah up from school I avoided Lucas as much as possible. However I was stopped by a tall brunette woman whilst I was walking through the car park.

"Hey" I looked around to make sure she was talking to me
"um... hi, do I know you" I asked her clearly confused.
"Um... no, but I saw you talkin to Lucas this morning and you seemed really close" I put Noah down on the floor and held his hand so he couldn't hear our conversation.
"Okay?" Was my response.
"Are you two a thing?"
"No".
"How are so close with him then, he's so fit and your like....."
"I'm what?" I replied in frustration.

I was about to go off on one and call this girl every single thing my brain could possibly think of but I stopped when I felt a big hand on my waist and move round to my back. Lucas whispered in my ear "Noah's here" I looked down at my son who was staring down at the floor kicking the small rocks underneath him. "Mind your own business" I glared at the brunette woman. I walked away with Noah following behind me.
"Maya just calm down" Lucas said.
"Just leave it Lucas" he stopped walking with me. I stormed home and put on a movie for Noah.

I went up to my room and cried. It was only about 5 minutes before Noah came and sat on my lap and hugged me.
"Don't listen to that mean lady mommy" he said still hugging me
"Did you hear her baby?"
He lifted his head and nodded.

"You are beautiful mommy, you are the most amazing person in the world and if that lady doesn't think that then she is wrong." I smiled at him and kissed his cheek "I love you baby". We cuddled until we both fell asleep. I put Noah in his PJs and put him to bed.
************