Saving Yugi

Yugi had been lying the water for about 40 minutes already and was dreading the next 20. Yugi was shivering and his scars were being made more painful and noticeable. The water was tinted red by the blood coming from his back. He could hear a strong, baritone voice but assumed it was only in his mind.

When the door flew open 15 minutes before he was supposed to be out, Yugi tried to look up but was too weak to. He heard a gasp and footsteps hurrying over to him. Strong hands lifted him from the water and Yugi felt immense pain when he was touched. Yami came into his view and Yugi was shocked that he came down. He was still shackled and Yami lifted him gently into his lap and stroked Yugi's hair.

"What happened to you my dear Yugi?" Yami asked and Yugi didn't move. "I'm guessing you've got hypothermia. I'm taking you to the priestess. She will help you." Yami told him slowly and Yugi tried to sit up and Yami has to catch him before he fell.

"M-M-My p-Prince...I-I am a wor-worthless slave...why s-save me?" Yugi trembled and Yami sighed, then held Yugi closer to warm him up.

"Because you caught my eye." Yami told him and Yugi trembled. "Lean into me, slave. You will be warmer." Yami told him and Yugi shyly leant into Yami's embrace.

Yami lifted him effortlessly and Yugi clung onto him like a lifetime.