Confrontation.

After a few weeks, Yugi was back on his feet and working again as the Prince's personal servant. He stayed quiet and mainly observed the meetings, keeping his comments to himself. Yami only saw Yugi eat a small amount at the meals and was getting concerned.

Today was no different. People were filing into the palace and Yugi stood silently by Yami. Aknankanon was greeting the guests and Yami and Atem were by his sides. Yugi stood behind Yami and kept his eye out for anyone who looked funny.

"Father, I am returning to my room as I need to talk to my servant alone." Yami informed his father and Yugi stayed quiet.

Once Aknankanon nodded his approval, Yami approached Yugi, who could recognise his footsteps and didn't look up. Yami told him to follow and Yugi trailed behind Yami to Yami's room. When they got inside, Yugi remained still and silent by the door.

"Yugi." Yami stated and Yugi straightened up so Yami knew he had his attention. "You always seem to be so quiet, Yugi. Why?" Yami asks and Yugi remained silent. "Tell me, Yugi." Yami barked and Yugi tensed.

"I just...don't like to talk..." Yugi whispered and Yami beckoned him over. "Prince...I've noticed you've been staring at me lately...am I interesting to you?" Yugi asked quietly while walking over.

"Why yes, you are Yugi." Yami told him and Yugi knelt in front of Yami. "Now, who is Alva?" Yami questioned and Yugi tended at the name. "I guess you didn't know you can't control my memories or manipulate them." He informed Yugi before gripping the smaller boys arm tightly.

"I-I can't say!" Yugi cried out and the door knocked. "M-Master...Y-You're hurting me..." Yugi whimpered as a bruise formed on his arm.

"Enter!" Yami called, dropping Yugi and Jou entered with a letter. "What is it, slave?" Yami questioned as Jou stared at Yugi, who was on the floor, having been knocked over.

"A letter for you, Prince Yami." Jou handed the letter over and Yugi spotted a bandage on Jou's leg. "Good day, my Prince." Jou told him before leaving reluctantly.

Yami lifted Yugi by the neck and pinned him to the wall. Yugi held his breath and Yami punched him in the gut so Yugi choked. He then dropped him and watched Yugi hold his neck and try to regain his breathing.

"Now tell me. Why was Alva trying to kill us?" Yami demanded and Yugi put his hands down.

"I-I can't...you'll have me killed! Like my parents were!" Yugi wept and Yami felt sympathy for the poor boy, so he knelt down and lifted his head. "All I have to say is that I will not tell you who Alva is. But he wasn't after you, Prince Yami." Yugi told him and a tear fell.

"Why was he after you then?" Yami asked and Yugi wept more. "He must have a reason." Yami continued and Yugi sighed.

"Please...don't go further than this." Yugi begged and silently stood. "While I cannot manipulate your memories. I can destroy them." Yugi told him before Yami fell down and Yugi destroyed the memories before the prince floated to his bed while Yugi knelt by his head.