Later on...

It had been a matter of hours since Yugi was brought back from Alva's awful care and Yami was very protective of him and keeping him closer than anyone could have ever suspected. 

Yugi was lied on Yami's bed slowly recovering when the door knocks and Yami goes and opens the door to see his eldest cousin, Seth. 

"What do you want, Seth?" Yami asked coldly and Seth just sighed and was about to speak. "I don't have all day, Yugi's still unwell..." He adds and Seth pulls him out of the room and shuts the door. 

"He's a Kylo?" Seth asks bluntly and Yami sighs, but nods. "Then...do you not see the obvious truth here, Yami?" Seth questions him, sounding very sincere. 

"What do you mean, Seth?" Yami snaps back and has a hand on his door handle. "He's a Kylo...whats so special about it?" He asks and is calmer. 

"He's different..." Seth said slowly and sighed but walked off, knowing Yami felt the need to get back to Yugi. 

----------------------------------------------------------------- time skip of 4 months ---------------------------------

Yugi slowly stirs and sits up, pale and sickly, but awake. Yami is sat at his desk, writing a letter as Yugi struggles to find his balance on the bed. 

"Y-Yami?" Yugi asked weakly, clearly needing help. 

Yami rushed over to help Yugi sit up and got him a cold drink to help him wake up. Yugi was only dizzy and unable to answer the flood of questions Yami was pouring onto him and he answered a few but found himself unable to answer the rest. 

Soon, Yugi was taken to the medical room by Iris to make sure he stays healthy and resting while on some herbal remedies that would help him recover faster. Yami was sat by his side, alongside Joey, Ryou and Malik. 

"Why did this have to happen to Yug' of all people?" Joey asks, clearly upset but is hiding it rather well. "It isn't fair. He was only protecting someone, I'm sure. But he always gets hurt when he tries to help..." Joey was slowly calming down and holding Ryou's hand. 

"It's in his nature, Joey...he always helps people..." Ryou told him and was quietly comforting him. "You know what he's like, Joey...so do me and Malik," Ryou admits and holds Joey's hand a  little tighter. 

"Yeah, Joey, you can't beat yourself up about this." Malik chimed in and he's sat holding Yugi's hand and Yami's holding Yugi's other hand. "He knows it happens a lot," Malik told Yami and he's holding Yugi's hand tightly. 

Seth, Bakura and Marik walk in silently and stay near the door. They're all watching Yugi's friends. 

"Mutt. You have jobs to be doing, come on," Seth told Joey who growled at being called a mutt but got up and went to Seth and followed him out. 

"Malik-dearest, you have chores too," Marik tells Malik who gets up and goes to him, then is picked up and carried out by Marik. 

"Come on, Ryou," Bakura tells him and gently takes Ryou's hand and leads him out.