3

Alexis' POV

"This shit is so hard" Joey groaned slamming his head on the book.

  We have a geometry test tomorrow and Joey asked me to stay a little longer to help since he wasn't prepared at all.

"Maybe we should take a break and relax? You're not going to learn anything if you're over stressed"

"I guess, lets go to the backyard"

He got up and as he was passing the kitchen he picked up a green tennis ball from a bucket of dog toys. His dog, Bella, jumped on his legs wanting the ball.

"Ok so just toss the ball and she should catch it"

He handed me the ball and stood on the other side of the backyard. I threw the ball with no effort assuming I'd fail but Bella jumped up and caught it in her mouth. The dog trotted over to Joey and dropped the slobbery ball on his shoes.

Joey and I tossed the ball with the dog back and forth for about 20 minutes, Joey dropped in the middle of the backyard laying on his back and looked up at the clouds. I took the spot beside him and it went silent for a bit.

Joey broke the silence and said, "Do you think I'll pass this year?"

"Definitely, don't discourage yourself" I playfully punched his shoulder, he turned over and looked at me.

"It's not discouragement, it's reality, I'm the complete opposite of smart"

I sat up and looked into his eyes, he really thinks that of himself.

"You're not dumb Joey, you're just a bit behind"

" A bit? I'm holding my breath trying to pass one test" he flopped back onto the ground.

I hovered over him from the side and gave him a serious look, "Stop being so negative, Joey, you're not dumb"

He smiled, "Thanks"

I kept looking down at his face and realized, he has a lot of beauty marks.

"Alexis?" I snapped out of my thoughts and sat back down on the grass.

"Uh sorry" I nervously tucked my hair behind my ear looking away

"What were you staring at?"

"Your beauty marks"

He laughed and responded with, "Those are my chocolate chips"

I looked at him weirdly raising an eyebrow, "Your what?" I giggled

"My chocolate chips" he smirked

"You are so weird Joseph" I know he hates it when I call him by his real name

He went to defend himself by sitting up but Bella jumped on his stomach causing him to fall backwards.

"Ow what the hell Bella" He moved the dog to the side and looked at me, "We should get back to work"

I quizzed Joey off our study guide until midnight, he had most of the questions down, he would definitely get a grade above a B.

As I went to leave Joey pulled me in for a hug, "Thank you so so much"

"You don't have to thank me every time you know"

He pulled away from the hug, "I just want you to know I'm grateful"

"I do know Joey"

I put my hand on the door knob but he stopped me, "Hold up, I have to pay you"

"No, way not this time"

"We agreed that I would pay you"

"Well I'm not ok with it so keep it please"