17

As we walked toward his house my phone rang, 'mom.' I picked up to my mom yelling at me, 'Get home right now and watch your sister' 'But I-' 'No get home now!' I sighed and hung up, "I gotta go home" "Awh nooo" he whined. "I have to my moms mad" "Fine" he signed and continued to walk beside me, "Isn't your house on the other side of town?" "I want to make sure you get home safe" He smiled pulling me closer to his side.

  We reached my front porch and he followed behind me, "See you tomorrow" I went to open my door but he grabbed my waist and hugged me from behind, "I'll call you" "Yeah yeah now go before my mom sees you" I could see in the reflection of the door that he rolled his eyes, "Quit rushing me" He kissed my cheek and let go. I waved as he walked down my driveway.

  I looked down at my phone, 'text from chaser⚡️'

'Miss youuu' I turned around and he was standing a couple feet away waiting for my reaction 'go away, weirdo.' I opened my door and walked in, my mom was standing there with her arms crossed dressed for work. "Who was that?" "Chase" "What about Joseph" "What about him"

"Jen told me you were tutoring him and that you seemed to be much closer with him, what happened" "Nothing he doesn't need a tutor anymore so he doesn't need me around, aren't you gonna be late for work?" She sighed and looked down, "Yeah there's spaghetti for you and your sister" "Okay thanks" Right as she walked out the door she said, "That boy seems nice but he's not allowed to be here when I'm not" I nodded not even bothering to argue. I went upstairs to Kaylas' room and saw her asleep in her princess themed bed. I went downstairs and heated up the food so once she woke up it'd be ready.

Kayla finally woke up and ran down the stairs, I can't believe she's almost four years old. "I am hungry" "Spaghetti is on the table" I pointed, just as I was about to look back at my phone there was a knock at the door. I looked through the peephole and saw Joey, "Go away!" I yelled through the door, "Please I have to talk to you" "No Joey!"

"Who is at the door" Kayla tugged at my shirt, "No one" "Just let me in Lex" "Go upstairs Kayla" "No!" She pouted, wow. "Fine then you won't have ice cream for dessert" Her eyes widened and she ran upstairs to her room. I opened the door and saw Joey's eyes were puffy, "What do you want" "I want to explain, please" "You cheated on me there's not much to explain" "No god will you just listen!" "Why should I listen to you? You broke my heart, Joey!" "Because I was drugged okay?!" He shouted.

Kayla came running down the stairs and ran to Joey's legs hugging his side, "Hiya Joey" he bent down and hugged her back, "Hi Kayla" I looked at him in shock, "Kayla go to the table for ice cream" "okay strawberry please" she jumped onto her seat and awaited the ice cream. Joey walked into the house and closed the door behind him following me to the kitchen.

I pulled out the ice cream carton and took out two scoops, put some sprinkles and handed Kayla the bowl and my iPad. I grabbed Joey's arm and pulled him upstairs, he sat down on my bed beside me. "You were drugged?" "Yeah, I got dizzy so Jade took me into that room and tried to, you know." "But you were kissing her neck" "She pushed my face onto her neck, I barely even moved my lips"

"Joey" I let my words trail off, "I'm sorry I didn't let you explain before" "but, do you forgive me?" "Of course I do the question is do you forgive me for not letting you talk I'm so stupid" His actions spoke for his words because he just pulled me into his chest and hugged me. I pulled away from the hug and he went to kiss me, I tried so hard not to, but I couldn't. Soft and sweet like I remember, but not right. I put my hand on his chest and pushed him away, "What is it?"

"Joey I have a thing with Chase, I don't think its right for me to do this." He looked down, "So you two are like dating?" "No, but, we kissed and, I liked it"