18

"Okay I can't get mad at you for that but, we're best friends again right?" He asked, "Of course Joey" I smiled. "And I still need a tutor okay"

The next day at school I planned on telling chase what happened, I don't want him to find out on his own. I walked up to him while he was at his locker, he looked upset. "Hey what's wrong?" "Bad night I guess, I'll be okay though" "Okay" I hugged his side, I'll tell him later. By the end of the day, he still looked pretty upset so when the last bell rang I met him at his locker once again. "Hurry" "Why" "We're going to get ice cream" He laughed, "I'm not five years old ice cream can't fix how I feel" "Shut up and let's go"

I dragged him towards the ice cream parlor near our school and we sat outside.

 I realized I was staring when he smiled and said, "What is it" "I'm just happy we're hanging out that's all" he nodded and pulled out his phone, seriously? I grabbed his phone and slid it into my back pocket, "No phones" "Okay mom how was your da...

I realized I was staring when he smiled and said, "What is it" "I'm just happy we're hanging out that's all" he nodded and pulled out his phone, seriously? I grabbed his phone and slid it into my back pocket, "No phones" "Okay mom how was your day" "It was okay, how was yours" "It's better now" he smiled, "why was it bad before?" "This girl is just giving me a bunch of crap for being your friend"

I instantly stopped the little game we were playing, "Who what the hell" "Don't worry about it she's not my friend anymore, I blocked her but it's still upsetting you know" "Yeah I get it" I looked down at my phone which was in my lap for a couple of seconds when I got a text from Joey. Chase snapped his fingers and my head shot up, "No phones hand it over" he mocked me.

I rolled my eyes and handed him my phone, he set it beside his hand. I looked down at my lap and it got quiet for a couple of minutes. "Hey" I looked up again, "What" he set his cone down in his cup and leaned forward on the table. "Talk to me" "About what" "Anything" "Okay um" I paused to think, "Who's the girl who doesn't like me" I smirked "Who's the person who keeps texting you" "Uh." He laughed.

  "I'll tell you who it is if I get to reply to whoever's texting you" "No way Chase" "Too bad" he picked my phone up and saw the notification, his face went from smiley to blank, "Uh its Joey." "What'd he say?" "Asking if you guys can talk again" he looked up from the screen and raised his eyebrow, "You talked to him?" "Yeah, I was going to tell you but you seemed so upset" I heard another text go through, his eyes scanned the screen. "Were you gonna tell me he kissed you?"

"I was getting to that, but I stopped it, I told him I like you" he looked down and I caught him trying to hide his smile, "What'd he say?" "He said he understands and that he's happy for me" "Good, and he's your friend again?" He asked, "Yes he is, are you okay with that?" "Of course" He smiled and leaned forward engaging a kiss. Instead of leaning in slowly I cupped his face and pulled his lips toward mine. He hummed lightly and I felt him smile, I pulled away.

  "Why are you smiling while I'm trying to kiss you" "I'm happy I met you" "Awh Chase me too" I gave a dorky smile knowing how cheesy it sounded to the both of us. His face went from playful to serious, he looked down at his hands fumbling his fingers, "Hey Lex" "Yeah?" He reached for my hands across the table and looked into my eyes, "Do you want to make this official?"

"Are you serious?" His smile slightly dropped, "Unless you don't want to be my girlfriend then I get its cool" he looked down at the floor, I found it cute how he doubted himself so quickly. "Hey no" I paused and lifted his chin with my finger, "I'd love to be your girlfriend Chaser" his smile reappeared, only bigger this time. He got up from his seat, pulled me up from mine and hugged me tightly.

Instagram / birlemschaser