12

Alexis's POV

  "Woah what are you doing" I backed away

  "Trying to kiss you?" He said confused

  "I'm dating Joey and you know that Chase, you agreed to be my cover up you're not my second boyfriend or anything"

  "I know okay? I felt bad that you're on the floor drunk"

  I felt bad, "You're still one of my bestfriends, especially after agreeing to this whole act I couldn't thank you enough" I smiled as he pulled me in for a hug

I was woken up around 9am to a phone call from school,

  "Hello?"

  "We're having a delay instead of canceling school all together so get yourself ready miss" they hung up, assholes.

  I got up and got myself ready and was out the door by nine forty p.m, I walked straight to my locker when I felt someone lean on the other side covered by the locker door, once I shut it I made eye contact with Joey.

  "Hey Joey" I smiled weakly, "are you still mad? Because if you are I totally get it and I am so so sorr-"

  He cut me off and pressed his plump lips on mine, he smiled between the kiss pulling away, "I probably would've done the same if you did what I did"

how sweet,

  I kissed his cheeked lightly and as I pulled away a smile spread across his face, "quit trying to eat my chocolate chips"

  I punched his shoulder, "I hate chocolate anyways" I said walking away, "No fucking way" he caught up with me, "It's disgusting", "So is your taste in food lex, what the hell"

  While I was coming up with my response I bumped into someones chest, I backed up to see it was Charles, "oh he-" "So are you guys dating behind my back because bestfriends don't just kiss each other on the cheek whenever"

  "Woah Charles no" I lied, "we were just playing around I promise I'd never do that to you." He stood there waiting for Joey to defend himself, "Joey tell him, were just friends" I nudged his shoulder.

  "Even though you shouldn't be able to control who she dates because shes you're best friend, we're not dating." He crossed his arms, "Good" Charles replied and walked away without saying bye

  Joey waited for Charles to disappear so he could talk,"You know I meant what I said right?" I gave him a confused look, "Just because he's your bestfriend doesn't mean he's allowed to control you, let alone control who you date"

  "But he liked me, probably still does too, I'd feel awful" I sighed. I felt Joey put his hands on my shoulders, "You shouldn't have to feel bad because you're happy" I nodded, he's right. "I'll talk to him today after school we're supposed to hang out anyways"

* after school

I quietly munched on my half of the funnel cake we had made and he looked at me concerned,  "Whats up, you're so quiet"

I quietly munched on my half of the funnel cake we had made and he looked at me concerned, "Whats up, you're so quiet"

"Char, I-" My voice failed me,"Yeah?" He questioned with concern decorating his words
"There's something I need to tell you."

"Okay you can tell me anything go ahead." I shook my head, "But what I'm about to tell you is gonna make you hate me."

"I could never hate you" he emphasized never, "come on just say it"

"I kissed Joey" I blurted, I mean It's half the truth, good enough.

"You what?" He stood up slamming his hands on the table, "We were in the moment I'm so sorry, I couldn't hide from you anymore"

he shook his head walking back and forth thinking, "Does Chase know?" He asked, "Yeah."

"How has he not killed Joey yet?" "because he trusts me enough that it won't happen again, and I promise you it won't happen again"

I'm making a promise that I know I can't keep.

"There's nothing going on with you and Joey, at all?"

"Nothing, we're Just bestfriends and we're on the same page about it too, I know you saw what happened earlier in the hallways too, that was just us being stupid" I lied

"Okay, I believe you" he sat in his seat calming down

"I have to go home" I pretended to check my phone, he gave me a pouty face "okay I'll see you tomorrow" he hugged me, I hate lying to him.

I make my way towards Joeys house and right as I'm about to knock on the door, it opens to him standing looking like a nervous wreck, "Did you tell him I've been waiting for him to call me yelling"

"Sit down" I dragged him toward the couch, "I kind of told him" He furrowed his brows, "Kind of?"
"I told him we kissed, and then I felt guilty and said it would never happen again, don't get mad please"

"Why would I get mad? You suck at lying anyways so its okay"

"Ass" I kicked his leg, "We'll just tell him another time I guess" he sighed looking at the floor.

something's about to go wrong between them.
instagram / purposechoey
words ; eight hundred three ; 853