❊ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ❊

For dinner, Sophia and I were invited to join Enzo to eat. Sophia was confused because apparently he had never offered that before. So while she was freaking out about what she should wear, I sat in my maid's uniform as uncaring as the moment she told me we'd be sharing dinner with him. The way I saw it, if he wanted us to wear something specific, he would have told us.

I snickered and stood, walking over to my dresser and pulling out a white tank top and black sweatpants. Sophia stared at me in horror as I changed.

"You can't wear that," she screeched. "You have to dress up!"

"No." I pointed at her. "He would be the one out of place if both of us wear pajamas. His company left, didn't they? Why should he care?"

She thought about it and sighed. She left the room and returned minutes later wearing pink shorts and a matching pink t-shirt. I grinned at her. I couldn't wait to see Enzo's face. But knowing him, he probably wouldn't react.

We made our way to the dining room, Sophia giggling the entire way. I was a bad influence on her, I knew. But at least she seemed to be having more fun with her job since I got there.

Enzo met us at the door and searched our attire before making it a point to look at his. He was wearing black pants, a white dress shirt, and a blood-red tie. When he locked eyes with me, I made the same gesture he did, but backwards.

"Well, Enzo." I did the best I could at acting exasperated. "You seem to be overdressed for this dinner. You need to change."

Sophia coughed into her hand to hide her laugh.

He cocked an eyebrow. "Go."

"Go," I asked, drawing the word out like I wasn't sure what he meant.

"Into the dining room," he clarified, as if I needed it. He knew damn well that I was screwing with him.

I eyed the door. "What? In there? I'm sorry, Enzo. I just feel so uncomfortable with you so overdressed."

He narrowed his eyes and muttered something about me being a pain in the ass before grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside with an order back to Sophia to follow. She did as she was told - of course. We sat on either side of him, our food already seated before us. The shepherd's pie was delicious, each ingredient melting in my mouth like candy. I wanted to moan in pleasure, but decided that those noises were best kept to myself and out of the dining room.

We were silent even after we finished our food. Sophia and I kept sneaking glances at each other, then at Enzo when he wasn't looking. He had to have had a reason to eat with us - something that he needed that he didn't want to just call us into his office to ask.

"I don't normally do this." He leaned back in the chair and eyed the two of us. "I want to ask the two of you a question."

When we nodded, he continued. "My younger sister is getting married next weekend and I need to bring a date or they'll be trying to sell me off to every single woman there."

Sophia immediately pointed at me. I shook my head and pointed back at her. I didn't want to be the one to go with him. It sounded so cliché.

Enzo's lip twitched. "Don't come running all at once."

I let my hand fall to my seat. "Who do you want to go with you?"

He smiled slightly. It wasn't a smile that showed off his dimples, but it was still nice. When I looked back up to his eyes, they were staring right back at me.

I shook out of it and turned my attention away from him. What the hell was I even doing?

"Since Sophia knows the house, I was going to see if you would want to go," he said slowly and carefully, as if speaking too quickly would cause me to run. "My family isn't aware of the auction, so they'll believe that you're just my plus one."