❊ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪғᴛʏ﹣Sɪx ❊

The next morning, I woke up in Enzo's strong arms. His breathing was still slow and even, surprising me. It wasn't dark outside, so it definitely wasn't five o'clock. Well, that and the fact that I felt well-rested, unlike how I felt when the alarm in my room went off.

I rolled onto my back and glanced at him. His hand moved up and down my arm slowly before he pulled me closer to him, forcing me to roll onto my other side to face him. I buried my face in his chest and closed my eyes again, reveling in the scent of him.

"Good morning." His deep groggy voice made me smile. We fell asleep around nine o'clock at night after many hours of talking. Well, at least I fell asleep. I wasn't sure when he finally did.

"Morning," I said. "Do you want coffee?"

He shrugged one shoulder.

When I began to roll out of bed to go get him some, his arm tightened and he held me to him. I fought half-heartedly against him for a few seconds before giving up. I wanted to leave his bed about as much as he wanted me to.

"It's past five," I said.

"I know." He rolled onto his back and stretched his arms above his head. "My guests aren't supposed to be here until noon. I figured you'd want to sleep in."

I raised my eyebrows. "That's odd."

He smiled slightly. It was a sad smile and the look in his eye looked as if it was the last time he would see me for a while. I didn't like it. The guests he was going to have over uneased him, which in turn made me uneasy. Who were the people that were supposed to come? And why did he look at me like those people would decide whether or not he could see me again?

He got up out of bed and headed to the bathroom without another word, slipping his shirt up over his head. The muscles in his back rippled with each movement and my mouth dried at the sight. There were dimples at his lower back, just above his low-riding shorts.

He turned and glanced at me, a smile on his face. "I can feel you looking at me, Eva."

I sat up and turned my attention away from him, a blush forming on my cheeks. I couldn't even look at the man without him knowing. What kind of crap was that?

"I'm going to shower." He said, turning in the doorway. "I'd ask for you to join me, but I don't want to pressure you or make you feel uncomfortable. Just know the offer is out there."

My eyes widened and I turned to face him, but he already disappeared behind the door. The shower turned on and I just sat there, staring at the closed door. Heat enveloped my entire body and I knew I was blushing. He just asked me to shower with him. It wouldn't be the first time I saw a man naked. It wouldn't even be the first time I saw him naked.

I covered my face with my hands and let out a laugh.

There was a quick knock at the door and Sophia poked her head in. She tilted her head at the sight of me sitting up in Enzo's bed, covering my red face with my hands.

"Eva? Are you okay?" She took a step in and glanced at the bathroom door.

"He asked if I wanted to shower with him." I breathed out slowly, looking up at her.

The grin spread slowly as her eyes glistened in amusement. "And why are you not in there?"

I shook my head and lowered my hands to my legs. "He just got in. I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

She cocked an eyebrow and walked over to me. The closer she got, the wider my eyes became. I should have remembered that she was never any help when it came to Enzo.