❊ Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ ❊

A/N: This isn't edited at all, and it's long as hell 😂 There are places where I know it's a little rushed, but I was trying my best to get a good epilogue out to you guys where it answered some questions/fulfilled some wishes 👀

If there is anything you'd like to see after this (Something in Satan-I mean... Maverick's POV, Sophia's POV, etc.), let me know and I will try to do that. I do have to get back to writing Alpha and Death's Duty, but I can do that on the side.

I want to thank every single one of you who has read this far, who has commented or voted on chapters, or who has even written on my wall to tell me how much you enjoyed this. It means the absolute world to me and I love all of you for it ❤️

Thank you for reading The Highest Bidder. And I hope you enjoy the epilogue.

°°°°°
° 3 Years Later °

I grinned at Sophia, watching as she stared blankly at the present I just gave her. I counted down in my head from ten, watching as the realization dawned on her face. Then watching as her eyes moved to look at me.

"Eva Rose Bianchi," she whispered.

My grin grew. "Yes, Sophia?"

She held the shirt out. "If this is another one of your pranks, I'm going to punch you in the throat."

I hummed and leaned against the wall, glancing down at the white shirt with black letters in her hand. I had it custom made just for her.

The half-hearted anger dissipated until she went back to staring at the shirt.

She looked back at me, dumbfounded. "Does Enzo-"

"Nope," I said. "You're the first."

As with most of my secrets nowadays, I went to Sophia first. Most people assumed I'd go to Enzo, tell him everything. But Sophia had always been the first to know everything. Enzo was second, of course. A close second.

She hopped once before wrapping her arms around me in her signature bone-crushing hug. I hugged her back, laughing when she squealed and began rocking me.

She pulled away from me. "I'm coming with you when you tell Enzo."

Typical Sophia. While if it were anyone else, I would have said no. But as the captain of mine and Enzo's metaphorical ship, she was there for everything including clothing. The wedding as my maid of honor, the first time I visited Vince in prison, and the first time I went to see Maverick.

The elimination order against Maverick had been denied once again after his confession. While Enzo still didn't fully see my point of view, he respected it in a sense. Maverick would remain in prison for the rest of his life. There was no getting out on good behavior, there was no bond set for him.

Why did I still visit him, everyone wondered. Why did I go see the one person who ruined me? Who almost broke me?

I liked to see him in that orange jumpsuit, cuffs around his wrists, and that tired look in his eye.

I went to see Vince for a different reason though.

He may have assisted in both of my kidnappings. He sat back and watched me suffer for weeks before doing something to help me. But that's just it. It took him a while, but in the end, he helped. I hated his guts for what he did to me, but a small part of me was thankful to him. Not only did he help me escape Maverick, but his selling me off to him also allowed me to meet Enzo.