❊ Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ﹣Fᴏᴜʀ ❊

I was warm, wrapped up in blankets and someone's arms. I felt well-rested, even though one look at the clock on the nightstand said that it was only six o'clock in the morning. I wondered why Enzo didn't come to wake me up and why my alarm didn't go off when it normally did.

As I moved to stretch, the reminder that someone was up against my back finally registered. I stilled and glanced down to see an arm wrapped around my torso, resting just below my breasts. The hard body against me didn't stir as I turned wide eyes behind me.

Enzo's eyes were closed and his normally styled hair was in disarray, making him look much younger than his thirty years. His mouth was parted ever so slightly as he breathed, stirring the hairs along my neck with his warm breath. The vulnerability of him sleeping was overwhelming. I couldn't say how long I watched him sleep because I wasn't sure.

His grip around my torso tightened and he brought me even closer to him. His leg slid in between mine and rested on my upper thigh. I let out an involuntary whimper as I turned my head to face away from him. I clenched my eyes shut and pushed away the sudden heat that spread across my body.

His hand slid from its place and up to rest on my left breast. I completely froze in place, unable to push away the feeling that small sleeping gesture brought me. His hand squeezed and I inadvertently pushed against it. It suddenly stilled and Enzo's breath hitched.

It was silent for what seemed like forever, his hand still half-squeezing my breast, and my entire body still against his. He didn't breathe and neither did I. But I was the first one to turn my head and find his beautiful eyes wide and staring.

"Eva." His voice was still husky with sleep. It only seemed to add to the heat engulfing my body.

He moved his hand away and pulled away from me, his eyes still wide as he turned on his back and stared at the ceiling. He covered his face with his hands as I turned to face him, trying to think up an excuse as to why I reacted the way that I did. Embarrassed didn't even begin to explain how I felt.

"Enzo." I bit my bottom lip as he looked at me from the corner of his eye. "I'm sorry. I didn't...I didn't mean to-"

He pushed me back down and was on top of me within a matter of seconds. With one of his hands, he pinned both of mine above my head. His eyes burned into mine as he lowered his head and slanted his lips over mine.

My entire body erupted in warmth and it felt as though fireworks were going off across every inch of my skin. I clenched my hands into fists as he tightened his hold on them, pushing my lips harder against his. His teeth clamped over my bottom lip gently and he pulled back, allowing it to slide out slowly. I groaned and pushed myself up to meet with him again.

When his lips met mine again, his free hand gripped my left thigh as his tongue slipped out and ran along my lips. My body fell back against the bed and he ran his tongue over my jugular. I groaned and began fighting against his hands so that I could touch him as well, but his grip only tightened as he bit down on my collarbone.

I whispered his name and he stilled.

He raised his head and met my eyes. "Eva? What's wrong?"

I took deep breaths to try and still my racing heart. I closed my eyes and took in the throb of my lips and the contact his body was making with mine. It wasn't right, what we were doing. But every part of me wanted more of him. I wasn't sure if it was because I hadn't been with a man in years or because somehow I had grown attracted to him in more ways than just a general like. He was attractive, yes. Way too attractive, in my own opinion.

But the one thing that kept me from him was still playing over and over again in my head.

He bought me. He needed to get his money's worth out of me.