[24] Zoey:)

A/N
I know I've not posted in a while so if you forgot what happened then just re-read a few chapters.
I'll give you a quick update here though.
Joe and Alison kissed and he invited her to stay at the Zalfie house.
Another day after the Jalison kiss, Alison and Ben kissed and went out and he asked Alison to be his girlfriend which she said yes to.
Ben dropped her off at the Zalfie house and kissed her goodbye, Joe and Zoey saw that happening.
Now Zoey, Alfie, Joe and Alison are watching movies while having massive tension between Joe and Alison...they yet still have to talk.

~~~~~~~

The tension between me and Zoe was gone but I know that she will want to have a 'talk' with me. Although the tension between me and Joe couldn't be any bigger. Hopefully this will change. I need him. As a friend..obviously.
-
-Alison's POV-

I can tell Joe is mad at me and honestly I don't know why I did what I did. Usually I'd never do something like that..
The only reason why I didn't want to be with Joe was because I wasn't ready and it still hurt after Brad, so what's different about Ben? I have no clue what I've done but I do like Ben, I like him very much. However I like Joe a lot too, and I know this is wrong but I can't help it. For now I will stick with Ben as he makes me happy and I have a great time with him, again don't get me wrong Joe makes me happy too and I have an amazing time with him but there's something about Ben. I can't put my finger on it.

"Joe want to play a game of Fifa with me?" Alfie asked after the third movie of the night finished. I could tell Zoe was already getting tired but I knew she wanted to stay up late as she always goes to bed early.

"In that case me and Alison will do makeovers in the office," she exclaimed trying to sound more energetic than she actually was. She looked over to me and I gave her a small smile. I still felt awkward as I knew she told me not to hurt Joe but technically I'm not hurting Joe if I never was with him in the first place, right? Never the less I knew she was going to want to talk to me about Ben.
We got up from the sofa and she went to give Alfie a quick peck and started heading out of the room. I looked over to Joe and I could see the hurt features on his face, I could also tell that he knew I was looking at him as he tended up but still avoided my gaze. Oh how I messed up.

I went to the office and Zoe was already taking all her makeup out on the desk and taking hair products, straighteners and curlers our.
"Okay so I was thinking of giving you a glam look but straighten your hair as it's naturally curly while giving myself a glam look also but curling it as I've got straight hair naturally," she told me explaining what she was going to do.
"Not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty good at curling hair," I said proudly remembering all the hard work Lilly put in teaching me how to curl hair the perfect way. I was curling mannequin hair for 2 weeks straight everyday, twice each day trying to get the 'perfect curl' as Lilly would say. And god how much I wish I was over exaggerating saying that.
"Perfect!" Zoe exclaimed.

We talked for a while about random stuff and things that are going on in our lives while she did my makeup and all of a sudden she didn't say anything for a while and usually I'd think nothing of it and think she was just concentrating but the serious expression change on her face told me differently. I could tell what was coming up as I was expecting it.

"So your boyfriend, Ben is it? He seemed...nice," she spoke not sure of her words. And here it is. I guess I was prepared for it as all I could think about was when she was going to ask me.

"Yeah he is, he actually just asked me out today," I said smiling at the memory. Zoey looked at me unsure and then continued to do my makeup.

"Look I'm going to cut to the chase, I thought you liked Joe so why would you go and say yes to Ben. I just..just don't get it. I know Joe is definitely crushed after seeing Ben drop you off but I still don't understand. Why? Just why?" She said clearly speaking her thoughts. I understood her. I understood that she didn't like Joe getting hurt but what I don't understand is why she'd think I like Joe, and why he was 'definitely crushed' when he saw me and Ben together. I mean me and Joe never were together.

"I never said I liked Joe," was all I could get out and she looked at me pissed.

"You didn't have to say it for me to know," was all she said and then none of us spoke for what felt like hours. What did she mean by you didn't have to say it? Is there something different that I do around him in particular? No there couldn't be.

"There we go your makeups done," she said with a sigh and small smile.

"Thanks," I replied gratefully and looked in the mirror.

"Oh my....wow," was all I could say. I was speechless. The makeup was flawless and I was amazed at how talented she was. Many people think makeup is something girls wear just to make themselves prettier and something they just throw on to cover their face but oh how wrong they are.
Makeup is an art. It is beautiful. It makes girls more comfortable and more confident. Many people don't understand this and make fun of how much makeup girls have on, it's their choice and if they want to have a full face then they will have a full face. Whatever makes them more comfortable and confident. If only people knew how it made you feel.
Makeup is not something you just throw on to your face, it is art.

I could see Zoe smiling proud of her job in the back as I couldn't take my eyes of my face in the mirror.

"Okay now your hair and then we will be done!" She smiled. I could tell she was going to forget the awkward conversation we had and have fun instead. She straightened my hair and then did her own makeup as I am really no MUA and let her do her own thing. While she was going that though I curled her hair 'to perfection' like Lilly would say and was pleased with the result that I just had to send it to my bestfriend. She would be so proud of my job.

Then me and Zoe decided to dress up to match our new looks and we went for a fancy glam theme even though it was 23:30 and we weren't going anywhere. Zoe let me wear a beautiful black dress that wasn't too tight but not too loose either and it ended just above the knees. It went in at my waist and flowed out a little after and also exposed a good amount of cleavage also. I got given a pair of black heels from Zoe to match and I wore them and I actually felt so pretty in the whole outfit with the hair and makeup. Zoe on the other hand went for a tight nude dress that looked freakin' amazing on her body with a pair of nude wedges. Brrrpppp. My phone went off.

*New Message*
~From Lilly~
GIRL I AM SO PROUD OF YOU WITH THOSE PERFECT CURLS. I TOLD YOU THOSE TWO WEEKS WERE WORTH IT! LOVE YA HAVE FUN XXXX

I laughed at that and showed Zoey and she laughed along. Maybe tonight won't be as bad as I thought?

1392 words