Chapter 1

Mitch's P.O.V
I walked down to the ocean where my one true love Katrina Harper stood. She was so beautiful with her long blonde hair and her white bikini. I was the luckiest man alive. Until all that changed when she was killed by a terrorist. After that I joined the CIA and stopped stuff like this from ever happening again.

Sitting at the edge of my bed I scratched my scruffy beard and cracked my neck. I knew I had a meeting with Irene pretty much in twenty minutes but... When have I ever been on time for anything? I walked over to my draws and took out a black shirt and khaki pants. Then I grabbed my jacket and black boots. After that I walked out to my terrace and fetched out a cigarette. I grabbed my lighter and lit the cigarette. Letting out a cloud of smoke I watched the clouds turn to grey. It was going to be raining soon. I guess I should head over to Irene now. After all she is the CIA director and hates it when I'm late. I wonder what this whole thing is going to be about anyways. After a couple of drags I go and lock up my apartment. Putting my hood up on my coat to block the rain I head in my driver's seat then close the door. I let out a long sigh then look in the mirror.

"Irene is not going to like that I didn't shave." I mention to myself.

After that, I start the car and take off.
For some reason I go back to thinking about what I was like before all this. I didn't have any scars any bullet wounds. I was just Mitch Rapp. Now I'm Mitch Rapp also known as the Assassin. I've hunted down and killed many people. Most of them were so frightened of me. I always told them to make sure they sleep with one eye open. And with my mentor Stan Hurley, well he's the best trainer out there but a major pain in my fucking ass.
He trained this douchebag named Victor. He and I had to fight, I won of course. But he hated my guts but I broke his nose. Guess who won at the end of the night? Anyways it's been four years in the business. Four years since my fiance died and four years since I've been recruited to the CIA.
Irene believed in me when no one else did. She even spied on me when I was thinking about going to kill my fiance's killer. But someone beat me to it and they took me to Irene and that's how I joined the CIA. It's been a while since I've been in another relationship. Sure there have been hookups but nothing serious, I don't think I can handle it right now anyways. I'm twenty-five years old now I don't know why I can't bury myself to go out there and meet someone... Maybe because I don't want them to get hurt. But I shouldn't be alone forever.
---
Parking in the underground parking of CIA, I walked over to the elevator. I pressed the top floor then it went up and the doors opened. There were a few glances but I didn't bother to look. Everyone is probably thinking I look like a hobo. Well, I don't really give a fuck. As I knock on Irene's office I see she isn't alone. She looks up at me and gestures with her hand to come in. I walk in and Irene gets up from her seat and walks over to me.

"You couldn't at least shave?" She whispered.

"I knew you'd say that, and no." I responded.

"Of course. Well, the president is here with his daughter he has very special words for you now go sit." She demanded. Irene looked back and smiled and walked back to where she was sitting.

I sighed and didn't see the woman's face yet because she's turned around and I haven't met the president yet but I've heard things about him. As I walked over to sit next to Irene, I pull out the chair and sit then I look at the girl. She has short brunette hair along with brown eyes, a nice white smile and fair skin. Even if it's been four years I still think it's too soon to say but I must... She's beautiful.

"Mr. Rapp. It's an honor to finally meet you." The president mentioned holding out his hand.

"Please sir, call me Mitch." I replied taking his hand and shaking it.

"Let me introduce my daughter, this is Allison." He gestured.

"Hi." She said with a soft voice.